Have Orange Care, is AppleCare worth it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Internaut, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Internaut macrumors 6502a

When I bought my 3GS, I also bought Orange Care which, for an iPhone, is £12 per month. This covers malfunction, loss, theft and damage. Unlike similar schemes from other networks, any issues involve speaking to Orange directly.

Now, I've had this on every other phone I've had from Orange over the past 16 years and it just works.

With this in mind..... Is it worth also buying Applecare towards the end of my first year of iPhone ownership? Does this gain me anything on top of my Orange cover?

I'm fairly conservative when it comes to phones. While I like to buy the latest and greatest when it's time to buy, I then typically get good use out of it for a couple of years (in other words, I'll not be having an accident with my 3GS while salivating over the 4G)....

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No because it appears you're paying for better coverage under Orange Care as AC doesn't cover loss, theft, and damage.

3. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

I think what is likely to go wrong with the iPhone 3GS would be sooner or later be covered by Apple. They have the tendency of denial, but often they replace cracked cases and overheating phones and computers after the warranty expired. £12 sound a lot, so assume if anything costly went wrong, it would be cheaper to throw the phone away. On top of that, who needs another expense?