Have over 500 posts yet can't select an avatar, why?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by runebinder, Jun 19, 2010.

1. runebinder macrumors 6502a

runebinder

Pretty much as the title states, I am on 502 posts this'll be 503, yet when I go to the Edit Avatar page I have a box which states No Avatar Specified and the only option is Do Not Use an Avatar.

How do I add to my profile?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

How do I set my avatar?
    Avatars are small images that display alongside a user's name. This is a feature that is reserved for established users on the MacRumors Forums. We require a 500 post minimum (user title 6502a or higher) before you are given the opportunity to upload your own custom avatar. A few users were given avatar privileges before this milestone because they won a forum contest.

Once you reach 500 posts you may not immediately be able to upload an avatar. The privilege is added automatically when the forum system does routine processing, so check again in a few hours. The delay is normal so please do not contact us to report it as a problem on the same day that you reach 500 posts.

from http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:MacRumors_FAQ#How_do_I_set_my_avatar.3F

How do user titles work?

User titles are based on post counts:

Newbie => 0 - 29 posts
    Member => 30 posts
    Regular => 100 posts (minimum required to post in the Politics, Religion, Social Issues forum)
    6502 => 250 posts (minimum required for access to the Marketplace forum)
    6502a => 500 posts (minimum required to have an avatar)
    65816 => 1,000 posts
    65832 => 1,500 posts
    68000 => 1,505 posts

from http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:MacRumors_FAQ#How_do_user_titles_work.3F

3. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

In your profile, it says that you have 433 posts. Also, it will take a few hours to update once you do reach 500 posts, until it lets you put an avatar. Please note that not all forums count towards your "avatar" post count.

4. runebinder thread starter macrumors 6502a

runebinder

Thanks for the responses, 433? *sigh* and here was me thinking I'd just broken that barrier, ah well got a while to go then.

5. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

There are a number of fora that do not count in your total, as well, any deleted posts are subtracted. Click on your User Name to see your current count at any time.

Also, try to avoid being a Post Whore™ just to get there. You will sooner or later regardless, and post counts and avatars aren't a measure of anything, but post quality always is. ;)

Attached Files:

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

:apple: