Have pity on this man

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by puma1552, Nov 28, 2013.

1. puma1552 macrumors 601

So my wife's friend wants to go black friday shopping with my wife tonight, but for whatever reason her car is in for service so my wife has to drive. My wife has a new car and the last thing she wants is to park it in a crowded Walmart/Target/Best Buy/Kohl's parking lot with America's finest and fattest rushing in and out and putting bags upon bags of crap in their cars where there's a pretty good chance her new car will get damaged. So my wife asked if I could drive them to the stores, then I can just stay in the car and drive around the parking lot until they come out from each store. I don't blame her, I don't really want her parking her car in those places on this day either.

Lord have mercy on this man who will be missing out on turkey to battle Americans at their worst.:(

First stop, Wally World at 6 PM:(:(:(:(:(

2. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    : pours out his 40 as a single tear runs down his cheek :

3. StephenCampbell macrumors 65816

You're a good guy. I love reading stories like yours, hearing about those families and communities where there is real connection, warmth, care, and the willingness to do things like this simply out of kindness. We all sigh and moan while doing these sorts of things, but we have a smile on our face and inside we know that this is what we're living for.

4. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Whine...whine...whine!:mad:

Just think about how lucky you are...there are people who don't even have a Walmart/Target/Best Buy/Kohl's in their town! They have no place at all to drive around and around, endlessly and pointlessly, and have to fake it in a vacant lot, or a corn field...or something like that.

Remember to be truly thankful for all that you have!

:p ;)

5. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Given you could have given your car to your wife to drive, you're a pretty nice hubby.

Maybe you'll get some amusing videos of crazed shoppers to post on YouTube. :)

6. snberk103 macrumors 603

Isn't today Thursday, not Friday? Or has the Consumerizaton of Black Friday now expanded into the day you're supposed to be at home giving thanks for the stuff that you, you know, already have?

Not American… don't get it…. don't look for sympathy here… sorry…..

7. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I envy those people

8. puma1552 thread starter macrumors 601

My car is even newer! lol.

Well in a last minute twist of fate, her friend's husband's car is available so I am off the hook, thank god! I'm just planning on sitting on my ass doing nothing.

9. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

Out in Massachusetts we have the blue laws which ban all stores from opening on Thanksgiving (unless they are necessities obviously). So our Black Friday starts 12AM Friday morning, which is when it should. Next year it'll probably be from Wednesday into Friday everywhere else. Sigh.

10. StephenCampbell macrumors 65816

Honestly, deep down, you are disappointed, right?

11. puma1552 thread starter macrumors 601

no, not at all. i have zero need to go out on black friday

all im gonna do is order two new pairs of jeans online sometime in the next week, that's all i need.

12. Synchromesh macrumors 6502a

Synchromesh

The problem with Massachusetts is that there are so many things wrong with it on so many levels and so many stupid idiotic laws that one decent law doesn't make one bit of a difference. Because at the end it's still cold, ugly, horrible Taxachusetts with with ma$$****s. There is not a day since I moved that I don't point in the general direction of that hell hole and laugh at people that stayed. This goes double for cold days (in MA).

13. Jbenn425 macrumors regular

Am I the only one who burst out laughing when I read this? Or is everyone's sarcasm detector on the fritz?

14. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

Not saying we're perfect over here, just that we have this one day right. ;)

15. Synchromesh macrumors 6502a

Synchromesh

^^^Sure. But one day right doesn't make the other 364 so as well. Imho Beirut circa 1985 is a far more pleasant place to live.

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Oh, we get it.

Attached Files:

17. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Never let a good meme stand in the way of facts. Odd, I don't see "Taxachusetts" listed anywhere.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-too...th-the-Highest-and-Lowest-Taxes/INF23232.html

18. StephenCampbell macrumors 65816

I wasn't being sarcastic.

19. Jbenn425 macrumors regular

So you seriously believe black friday counts as quality family time? Maybe that's what you're "living for", but certainly not me.

20. Jnesbitt82 macrumors 6502

Jnesbitt82

I'm thankful that my wife and I have spent Thursday and Friday at home with our two daughters. We had our dinner yesterday and we've been watching Christmas movies since. Enjoying the time off and no running around.

21. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Better deals online. Don't let her sucker you next time!

22. StephenCampbell macrumors 65816

Oh, no, I wasn't talking about black friday at all. I was talking about the OPs attitude towards his family and what he was willing to do for his wife, and how those moments of "oh gosh I can't believe I have to do this" are often the moments that we most miss when they are no longer around.