Have screens become more robust?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TorontoSS, Sep 27, 2017.

1. TorontoSS macrumors 6502

Hello,

I'm not trying to make this into a "screen protector vs no screen protector" issue. I just want to know, do you think iphone screens have become more robust and resistant to scratches. This would be more of a question to someone who hasn't had screen protectors and if they feel they see significantly fewer scratches say after a year, than they did after an iphone 3gs for example.

I see scratch tests on Youtube every year. And every year they're like "wow so resistant! I used a knife!" however, you do see micro scratches on it when you look at it at a certain angle/light. I used to put on screen protectors on my 4S, 5S, and 6. I stopped caring after. I don't have one on my 7. I see scratches. The difference is I don't care. I'd rather enjoy the phone than be happy about the fact that I can't see scratches under light.

But plainly out of interest, are iphones more resistant to scratches on the screen?

Thanks!

2. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

Nope. Not in my experience. They keep focusing on making screens less prone to cracking from drops. In my opinion screens have kept the same amount of scratch resistance over the past few years but haven't really improved in that regard.

3. TorontoSS thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for that. This tells me the glass back will also scratch as the screen does?

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Some are stating that the back glass scratches relatively easily. But I guess that would be dependent a how someone handles their phone and if they keeping it in a case or not.