Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nevrsadie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2006
Dark side of the monitor
Currently have a single plan with an iPhone 3g. Would like to add a line switch to family plan and preorder a 3gs for the second line. Is this possible and would the cost be the same as purchasing for new customer, 199 for 16gig 3gs etc...

shollingsw3

Cancelled
Mar 27, 2007
Should be able to do it online, but to prevent any errors or mistakes you might want to go to an AT&T store to do it.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
Probably best to go into the store. I know the Apple site isn't doing line additions (even though they ask the question). I wanted two phones and I had to go into the store to do it. It seems like anything other than an upgrade to a single existing line, or a new line is that way.

Nevrsadie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2006
Dark side of the monitor
Yeah I just went throuhg ATT website and kept getting stuck on the payment screen. Kept giving my a discount code error and I wasnt using any discount codes. Looks like a trip to the ATT store.

Nevrsadie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2006
Dark side of the monitor
Well whatever maintenance ATT has been doing all day removed the error. I just got on and was able to add the line and preorder a 16gig black 3gs. It wont be here friday but im not concerned with having it the exact second they are released.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.