Have software devs already started trying to usher us to windows?...evidence?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by speakerwizard, May 16, 2007.

1. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

well this is the first time ive heard of something like this and it has annoyed the hell out of me, as you can imagine i was looking forward to the universal update to zbrush, an app i paid about £500 for, well, come launch day imagine my surprise to see this:

"Registration for ZBrush 3 is now open!

Who is eligible for Registration:
    *Windows users who purchased online or through a reseller.
    *Macintosh users who have purchased their version online and would like a free of charge license transfer to the Windows version (This license can be exchanged for a Macintosh version once ZBrush 3 is released for that platform.)"

on the forums mac users are being urged to get parallels or use bootcamp, i have parallels (though i assume this will run like a dog) i that if the update on this offer is high that pixologic dont completly discontinue the mac version! gggrrrrr whats annoying is that the mac version (because of UB) was much more urgent.

2. speakerwizard thread starter macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

no other zbrush users on here? well i already recently heard modo (301) is looking quite interesting as a zbrush alternative and they are very mac friendly :)