Have the 6S Plus and conflicted...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by entraik, Oct 2, 2015.

1. entraik macrumors 6502a

Love this phone for OIS (paired with Cortex Camera app ) which equals DSLR like quality low light shots. I'm also planning on buying Moment lens (wide angle). Does anyone use this btw with a 6+/6s+?

On top of that the battery is significantly better than my 6s. However, the size still kind of irks me... I'm just not sure if I should go back to the 6s or stick with this.. anyone else going through the same process currently?

2. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Quoting myself from another thread -

3. Surf Donkey Suspended

Surf Donkey

OIS is overrated unless you are shooting 4K video. The stabilization software is very good in the 6S in 1080p video. I guess a case could be made for OIS in still shots if you have really shaky hands, but I don't think its worth carrying around a phone you don't like. The rest of the camera is the same no?

4. entraik thread starter macrumors 6502a

OIS isn't overrated. It works in video now which I've personally tested. It's absolutely amazing and surpasses the digital stabilization by far. Looks like a professionally panned shot. I had a 6s first, and now the 6s plus and the difference is significant. Low light makes a huge difference in shots as well.

5. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

Don't forget if you so a soft tap ( double tap ) on the home button , it will pull down the app you are in so you can access the options at the top of the phone with one hand. It also works if you move your thumb in a cirlcle of the home button!

6. Surf Donkey Suspended

Surf Donkey

I would really like to see a test 1080p video of 6S vs 6S plus.

7. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

There are many out there.

8. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

Battery life, OIS that now works in video, and screen size/pixel density all swayed me to return my 6S for a Plus and I am not regretting it in the slightest. The 6S is still a great phone, but the added perks of the Plus are definitely worth the $100 premium in my opinion.

9. Surf Donkey Suspended

Surf Donkey

That is 4K. That would make sense because there is no software stabilization when shooting 4K in the 6S. The A9 can't handle it. So of course the difference is big. As I said, a 1080p comparison of video on the 6S vs 6S plus. If there are many out there, I haven't seen it yet.

10. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

Sorry, missed the 1080p part. Wasn't aware there is no software stabilization for 4k.