Have the "primary release" macbook manufacturing problems been fixed?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bluesTank, Nov 11, 2008.

1. bluesTank macrumors regular

So I have the following problems:

- The slanted keys
    - Erratic touchpad
    - and now I just discovered the most annoying one of all: my keys apparently rub against the display when it is closed...leaving nasty square smudge marks on the display.
    - I haven't opened my battery cover yet, but that might be screwed up as well when I do open it.

So are any of the above issues a valid reason for apple to replace my macbook? More importantly, will exchanging my macbook even fix these issues?

Has anyone recently exchanged their macbook and had it be PERFECT?

I also didn't list the crappy display issue since I assume that is not going to be "fixed"

2. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

I exchanged mine a couple of times. The last one, a 2.4 I got Sunday before last had a decent display with the color profile I downloaded on this forum, and straight keys. However, it didn't play well with my external LCD displays using the display port to DVI adapter.

My Macbook Pro, OTOH, has been superb. Brilliant display, straight keys, etc. In addition, switching to the 9600 card has greatly reduced its twitchiness with my external monitors.

So, I think there have been advances in quality since the initial release. But I also think I'd do it before the two week exchange period expires. Make an appointment with at an applestore, show them the issues, and ask for an exchange.

When you get the exchange, open it up there at the store to make sure the new one isn't flawed. I'd bring a black and white movie on DVD to make sure the display is acceptable. Good luck!

3. Locker macrumors 6502

I received mine with slanted keys and the replacment arrived today - you can see what it was like (with photos too) at the end of this thread.

4. derek1984 macrumors 6502a

Anyone know when the first revision could possibly be and what they might revise? Any guesses?