Have to Keep Changing Mouse Batteries

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kikobarbada, Aug 15, 2007.

1. kikobarbada macrumors regular

Hello.

I bought a Microsoft Wireless Desktop 700 just 6 weeks ago (comes with a wireless mouse and keyboard) and I have to keep changing the 2 AAA mouse batteries every a week or so. What is going on? Is it because I leave my computer on 24/7? Because I have noticed even when it is off, the mouse is on. Plus, I haven't changed the 2 AA keyboard batteries since I got the keyboard.

The kit is absolutely great, except for the fact that I have to buy 2 AAA batteries (2 dollars) every week.

Could anyone help me?

Thanks.

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

I haven't used any MS wireless mice, but my apple wireless mouse was good at eating batteries under heavy use, so it might be just par for the mouse course. If you aren't turning the mouse off at all (or can't--does it have an off switch?), then a week doesn't sound bad at all--if anything, pretty good.

I would recommend investing the $10 or $15 in some rechargeable AAAs and a charger, though--if you get a pack of four, you can charge one set while using the second, and always have a fresh pair of batteries ready, and in the long run it's a LOT cheaper (not to mention less wasteful) than using disposable batteries.