Have To Order New Macbook Pro Today

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jumpman25, Feb 16, 2010.

1. jumpman25 macrumors regular

Hey, my 2.4Ghz Macbook Pro died a few days ago so I'm forced to order a new Macbook Pro today. I figured I would wait and see if they update and if not, I'm forced to order one cause I need it for work.

Anyway, I have a few questions regarding the best place to order from. When new models come out it seems many sites such as amazon and macmall have huge discounts on the last generation Macbook Pros. I'm basically wondering what site has the best return or refund policy should new Macbook Pro's be released after my purchase. For example, if I order from amazon, and new Macbook Pros are released next week causing them to discount the current line significantly, will they refund me the difference? Will they allow me to return the old one for a new one? Any help is appreciated. I basically just want to protect my self from paying a premium for something I could get for a fraction of the price a few weeks from now.

2. npep macrumors member

Obviously, check all the stores return policy:
    14 days?
    Restocking fee?

Also check any credit cards you have for price protection, call them and see what they offer to protect you as well. You might be surprised.

I know Amazon generally does not offer any kind of price protection.

3. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

Actually, they do. If the price goes down within 30 days, you may call in and request a refund of the difference.

4. npep macrumors member

Really? I have never had any luck...Here is Amazon's policy:

Post-Order Price Match Policy

We do not offer post-order price matching when an item's price drops after you buy it. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time. We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry because we know low prices are very important to our customers.

Price Matching
    Amazon.com doesn't price-match with other retailers (including those who sell their items on our website). We do, however, consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry.

In some cases our website offers lower prices via the used and new offerings available from Amazon Marketplace or Merchant sellers. For more information, see our Marketplace Help section.

5. jumpman25 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info. I called my credit card company and they actually have price matching up to 250$ if the price changes within 60 days of the order. Seems like after the new MBP's come out prices on old ones drop $500 or more. I guess 250 is better than nothing though. Can anybody confirm or deny amazon's price protection policy? It sure would be nice if it was 30 days. Thats the peace of mind I'm looking for.

6. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

They did away with it a couple years back because of abuse.

7. hackum macrumors regular

In the worst case you can always sell it on ebay and buy the new one. You will lose some money but at least you will have the latest, if that's so important.

8. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

If you are so concerned about whether a new MBP will be released, buy a refurbished and save the money. No one on this forum has anything but a guess on when the next line will be out.

9. nutritious macrumors 6502

Man...see if you can hold off and buy a really cheap netbook in the meantime. The i5/i7 MBPs will be a big improvement over the current models...

10. hundert macrumors regular

hundert

DONT BUT

DO NOT

Get a cheaper one off ebay and wait for the updated books