have to restore my iPhone, major issues

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by The.316, Aug 14, 2010.

1. The.316 macrumors 65816

The.316

So I have a 32gb iPhone 4, which I sent back to the company I ordered from because the screen was flickering big time. So in the mean time, I am working with my old 32gb 3Gs. I jailbroke it, via jailbreakme.com, and installed WB, SBsettings, Cyntact, Infinifolders, and a couple of other minor things, all of which are legit, meaning I paid for the ones that had to be bought (no cracks). Now all of a sudden, my iPhone is majorly slow. It takes seconds to get to my running programs, I have to force it to shut down when I try to respring via SBsettings, and the memory is constantly low. Is anyone else experiencing problems like this? I have always been a JB'n person, and I like the features like infinifolder, but I cant deal with it being this slow and glitchy. I was thinking about restoring it, and maybe JB it just for infinifolders. I customize my iPhone, but not to the degree that lots of other users do.

Also, OT, does anyone know the proper way to use Cyntacts? I bought/installed it, then synced it with my iTunes, but the pictures do not show. I spent over an hour added all the pictures to my contacts app on my iMac, but the pictures do not work. I have to groups>All From My Mac to see the pictures, but they dont show when I call someone or when someone calls me. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

2. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

For Cyntacts, you have to use the Contacts feature in the Phone app. Edit a Contact then click on add photo to assign a photo to the contact. This way the photo pops up as a Photo ID when the person calls and a thumb nail of the photo will be visible when you open your list of Contacts. I run IOS4 on a 3G with a full theme(Kryptonite) plus Multi tasking/ Backgrounder etc. You may need to check the settings of some of your installed apps...? I just updated thru Cydia
    MyWi, Popup Blocker and a few other apps? For some reason the next day without warning my phone would respring...? After some trial and error, I adjusted the settings in Popup Blocker and it seemed to fix the problem.

3. The.316 thread starter macrumors 65816

The.316

So every picture that I want to use with Cyntact has to be uploaded to my iPhone first? While I think that is dumb, if that is the case, so be it.

I havent had issues like this with previous OS versions. I will try it out and see what happens. Ill see what happens with my iPhone 4 too, and see if it works any better. One other thing I noticed too was that my 3Gs gets real hot when I have certain programs running. I work for an electronics company here, and I ordered my iPhones through them. Ill just send them my 3Gs once I get my 4 back, and let them send me a refurb, or new one if I am lucky.