Have to TRAVEL Thur-Fri!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aft, Jul 7, 2008.

1. aft macrumors regular

I just found out that I have to go out of town on Thursday and won't be back until late Friday night:mad::eek::(

What's everyone's thoughts on whether or not they wil sell out on Friday? If you think they will how long will it take to restock?

This sucks....is it too obsessive to quit my job?;)

2. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Yes.

3. guru_ck macrumors 6502

Do they not have an AT&T or Apple store where you are traveling to?

4. aft thread starter macrumors regular

I'm sure they do but I'll be in meetings or at the airport from 7am Friday to 1am Saturday morning so that won't help.

5. theotherrogue macrumors regular

You'll be alright. It'll be worth it just as much when you get the iPhone on Saturday.

Just keep up on the "news" after people get theirs on Friday - you'll learn about people's experiences buying from AT&T/Apple and know exactly what to expect at the store.

6. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

That happened to me with the Original iPhone. Apple had a web page that you could check inventory levels at their stores, and I ended up being 2nd in line on the day AFTER they started selling iPhones, and they had plenty.

I suspect that this time they will have more phones, and a bit less demand for opening day, so I think you will be fine on the 2nd day...

7. aft thread starter macrumors regular

8. viggen61 macrumors 6502

There may be isolated sellouts on days 1 & 2 (Friday & Saturday), but even if the only place you can get one in your area sells out over the weekend, I'm sure they'd be back in stock Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest (allowing for order processing & shipping, of course...).

These ain't concert tickets, folks. Apple will make more...:D

:apple::apple:

9. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I don't think there will be one darn problem finding them anytime soon. As someone else mentioned: less demand, more supply. This is what makes the tools in the NYC queue that much toolier. I camped out overnight (OK, from about 3 a.m. to 8 a.m.) for a Nintendo Wii, but that's different than waiting a WEEK for something that will probably be available anytime after launch. I still see stores that can't keep Wiis in stock, yet I think the iPhone will be plentiful.

10. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

Apple stores probably won't sell out. Isolated AT&T stores might but there are probably 5 more within a 10 minute drive. If one store sells out there are plenty more to get it from. This will not be like the Wii which still has issues with supply.

Also this is the second iPhone...they have a year's worth of numbers to make predictions of sales off of.

and I just noticed that the 3G iPhone commercial (the one with the two guys carrying the case with the iPhone inside) has been playing quite a bit more on TV tonight. Starting to ramp up the hype.

11. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

You needn't worry. Apple had three (3) days of supplies in most cities. The question may better be stated, "Will I find a white/black 8GB/16GB?"

12. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

i'll be going up to PA thursday night and getting my phone up there friday morning

13. Slayerboym88 macrumors regular

If it makes you feel any better, you can go to any ATT store that you want. They are all interconnected and should be able to initialize your phone from anywhere. Do you know of any ATT stores that are between stops or between your work and the airport? Heck, who knows, the airport might even have an ATT stand by now!

14. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

I don't think the initial demand will be as much as it was last year. I suspect they will sell a lot of phones the first week but things will be more spread out as everyone realizes they don't need to wait in line to get a phone.

Go on Saturday and I am sure you will be able to get a phone.

15. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

while that may be the case. There is also the chance that the majority of people will think there wont be that much demand and go get them on friday

16. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

This is the link that is supposed to be updated with info to check inventory levels after the launch:

http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/