Have to wear in a fixed position?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by puma1552, Mar 8, 2015.

1. puma1552 macrumors 601

Hate to admit it but I'm *slowly* warming up to the Apple watch, albeit a revision 2, 3, or 4 when it's 4mm thick. Black stainless with a black leather band seems nice.

That said, since this thing has to be in constant contact with your wrist, doesn't that basically mean you have to wear it tightly in a fixed position on your wrist without it free to slide up and down a little? That basically means you have to wear it fixed likely above the bone on the outer part of your wrist, which looks geeky. Unlike a traditional watch, which is usually worn just a tad loose so it can slide down over that part of your wrist when your arm is down.

Just a thought?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The watch shouldn't be so loose that it slides up and down your forearm. Short of that it should be fine.

I wear my Fitbit comfortably loose. it doesn't slide around but it also doesn't turn my hand blue. I get plenty of information and the sensors work. I expect the apple watch to perform similarly.

3. triptolemus macrumors 6502

triptolemus

Not sure how you can not look geeky wearing an Apple Watch no matter where on your wrist it happens to be...

Just a thought?

4. Joe HS macrumors 6502

my current digital watch is a normal size and that turns out to be 9mm thick and while if anybody is going to do it it'll be Apple - I'm not sure that 4mm is a realistic expectation.

I wear mine quite loose too and I'm not sure if I'll find it comfortable to wear it tight enough for sensors to work or for the watch to not move around.

5. puma1552 thread starter macrumors 601

problem is youd need to wear it above that little wrist bone if it needed to stay tight because if you tried to wear it tight around that wrist bone (right at the base of your hand, where the watch would look normal) youd lose wrist flexibility, or it would put unnatural strain on the band when you moved your wrist

if youve got to have it secured 1-1.5 inches up your wrist, its going to look ultra dweeb status, more than it already will

6. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I wear my current watch (Casio Edifice something-or-other) over my wrist bone and don't experience any discomfort. It's not so tight that it makes my hand numb, but it can only move about 0.5" up my arm.

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

People wear their watches over their wrist bones? Isn't that uncomfortable? I've always worn them on the thinnest part of my wrist.

8. camtechman56 macrumors regular

Now are we talking about a device that enhances an Iphone, that has a S1 computer chip in it, that has sensors on the back and is produced by Apple ( which is one of the top computer and tech companies in the world ). I work for a company with over 200 employees and I only know of 2 or 3 of us that are looking forward to this watch. everyone else I've talked to about it thinks I'm a geek just for wanting one. To some just having one would make you a geek in their eyes.