Have TV Out for vlc4iphone/mplayer?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by covertsurfer, Aug 9, 2009.

1. covertsurfer macrumors 6502a

I want to view my divx files on my TV so I have installed vlc4iphone and mplayer but that doesn't seem to have this functionality so I installed tv out and screensplitr but this had limited results. Does anyone have a solution for this type of setup?

2. covertsurfer thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. covertsurfer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Can't believe no-one has tried this and got a solution, I thought this would be a common thing to do! Oh well...

4. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I'm too cheap to pay the $50 for the video cables through Apple since I would only very rarely ever have a need for them. If some third party companies come out with some cables that are half the price then I'd probably be able to help you out with your question because I'd be trying the same thing. Just figured I'd write something so you know you're not being ignored.

5. covertsurfer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cheers! I guess I just need to wait for an update to mplayer or vlc to do tv-out I guess but just seems odd to me, I would have thought this would be one of the first things people would try to do.

6. Luminator macrumors member

I wasn't aware of either app to allow TV Out until you posted this. This is the number one feature of the iphone I've been looking for.
    After researching both apps the outlook does not look good. ScreenSplitr has poor frame rates and would not be very practical for the use of videos. TVOut however is designed for this use, the bad news is it looks like the developer has abandoned the project because of lack of time. The source is available, so who knows, maybe someone with pick this up where he left off. We can only hope.

7. covertsurfer thread starter macrumors 6502a

I didn't realise development had stopped, damn it! Come on genius dudes where are you? It'll make you famous!