Have we all given up on "Tomtom" ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Londonluke, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Londonluke macrumors member

no real new posts for the last couple of weeks ......
    Last i heard was the software was not ready and they might be thinking of allowing onto the market and then "fixing " issues later

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

All I know is there's a special event by TomTom on Sept 22nd found here :rolleyes:
    And yes most of the people gave up already..

3. studio¹³¹ macrumors 6502

studio¹³¹

4. eaglesteve macrumors 6502

As a diehard TomTom fan, I'm really disappointed with the delay. I have bought Sygic and Navigon since.

Sygic uses Tele Atlas (same as Tom Tom's) while Navigon uses Navteq.

Tele Atlas is IMO far better in Australia and Europe, but Navteq is good in US.

So, for me (I'm in Australia), Navigon is way better than Navigon. Navigion Australia is really bad IMO. No speed warning capability because none of the roads's speed limit is in the map. No red light warning. No speed camera warning. Also, the POI database is extremely limited and out of date.

Sygic is really very good. In fact better than the TomTom 7 in my HTC Touch HD. (I'm talking about map data quality here).

So, yah, I've given up on Tom Tom, despite swearing that I would never consider anything other than it.

5. Skystar macrumors 6502

I use Navigon US and so far everything is great. I use it with a cheap vent mount I got at Target and my iPhone looks great mounted on the dash. My stereo has A2DP bluetooth support, so the navi voice prompts are delivered through the car stereo. When I use it on a different car, I take my xtrememac fm transmitter. One thing I did not like about the tom tom bracket is that it looks like it will not work with a case, and I would have to have to take my iPhone out of it's case every time I want to use navigation.

6. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Good God. Did you even search? There have been posts on this subject DAILY!!! For example:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=763039

7. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1