Have Yellow Screen Issue, What Are My Options

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nintendolinky, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Nintendolinky macrumors 6502

Hi, I have just received my replacement iPhone 4 after my other one wouldn't turn on.
    After restoring from backup which took about an hour, I have just looked at the screen properly and I have a huge yellow screen issue, all around the edge its a yellow even edge and at the top and bottom there are like three yellow circles.

Will this subside or will I have to get another replacement, thanks for any help.

2. gmikesell macrumors regular

I had that too...

Mine was about the size of a quarter just under the volume buttons about the size of a quarter. About 2 days later it was about the size of a dime and was only visible when the phone heated up. After a week and a half I made an appointment at the genius bar. I was really hoping they would tell me it would go away but they didn't. Instead, they suggested I do an exchange (either warranty or return for a new boxed unit). Genius dude said if it didn't go away by now then there was likely another issue with the display and I should go ahead and replace. Now, no issue with the screen at all but the replacement feels like it doesn't hold a signal quite as well, although I never dropped a 2 hr call so I'm completely satisfied. From what I understand, those bars don't mean much anyway. Lol

3. bmwtech113 macrumors member

I had the yellow screen problem on my first iPhone 4. I made an appointment with the genius bar and they replaced it no problem. When I got home with my replacement I noticed it also had the yellow screen problem. I went back the next day and I had to wait awhile since I didn't have an appointment. The screen only turned yellow when the phone was hot. The screen wasn't even yellow when the genius looked at it but they replaced it anyways. My third phone is working great.

4. ant69 macrumors regular

ant69

It may go after a couple of days..... My first iphone 4 had 2 yellow spots, one went after about 3 days the other didn't so i just took it to the genius bar and they swapped it out straight away... Dont settle!

PS - my second/current one is perfect :)

Ant