Have you been affected by the latest iMessage "effective Power" bug? What iOS version

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by moonman239, May 30, 2015.

?

Have you? What iOS version are you using?

Poll closed Jun 22, 2015.
  1. No. Haven't gotten such a message.

18 vote(s)
    58.1%
  2. No, but I got the message. iOS <= 8.3.x

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. No, but I got the message. iOS 8.4 beta

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. Yes. iOS <= 8.3.x

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  5. Yes. iOS 8.4 beta

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. moonman239 macrumors 68000

Thought I'd create an informal poll to see who this is affecting.

2. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

I've gotten it, running 8.3. It's no big deal though, as I think the "strain" of messages going around my area only respring the phone. You can go back into messages no problem at all. No stability issues caused by it (within messages) whatsoever other than the initial respring. Really, it's annoying. Nothing else. Just have to wait 5-10 seconds to use your phone again, and you're good.

3. Instapez macrumors newbie

I'm using an iPhone 6, jailbroken on 8.1 and after receiving that stupid iMessage from a friend who thought it would be funny, I am currently stuck in an infinit boot loop. The phone keeps restarting and I can't seem to stop it other than doing a full restore which I do not want to do. Any help would be appreciated it.

4. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

Should have installed the "IneffectivePower" tweak. Karen (AKA angelXwind) uploaded a fix for this a couple days after it was reported. Try holding the "up volume button" while it boots up to see if you can get to the lock screen. If you can get to the lock screen, look in the news forum to see if any of the suggested temp fixes help restores your messages. If the temp fix works, install IneffectivePower right away.

5. Instapez macrumors newbie

Thank you for update. I was somehow got lucky enough to get out of the infinite reboot by:
    Press the home button and sleep button for 10s, release the home button after (this generally puts the phone in DFU mode when connected to a computer) but it ended up just showing "connect to iTunes" icon. After keeping it in that mode, I just simply pressed the sleep button alone untill I saw the apple logo and released it after. My phone is working again and installed the new iMessage bug fix.

6. moonman239 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hmm. Looks like it's mostly affecting people who are not on the 8.4 betas.