Have you bought a Refurb rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WhiteIphone5, Mar 1, 2013.

1. WhiteIphone5 macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

If so, how was the condition? did you get a box? scratches,dings?
    are you happy with it?

2. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

As most people here will say, refurbs are great products. I'm using a 15" cMBP refurb, and honestly, the only thing different is the box it comes in.

In some cases, refurbs are arguably better as they're re-inspected by Apple's guidelines, and likely refitted with brand new parts and casing.

You also save a ton of money by buying refurb, and get the same treatment/warranty/AppleCare.

3. utekineir macrumors 6502

Haven't bought a refurb rmbp,

but every other apple refurb i've bought has been absolutely fantastic. Like stated above, only difference is the box and price.

if apple refurb is available thats the way i go, without question.

4. swerve147, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013

swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

I've opened/used 2 refurbs recently, both 15" rMBPs. They come in plain white boxes, but otherwise come with everything a new one would (charger, extension cord, microfiber cloth, quick start guide, Apple stickers).

Both were physically flawless, no dents dings or scratches on the cases. No problems with either as well (I exchanged the first base 2.3/8/256 after owning it for a week because I wanted the midrange model, and I've had the current one in my sig for over a month now, going great so far touch wood). And both had Samsung screens (if that means anything to you).