Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Have you ever dropped your iPhone?

• Yes

Votes: 73 82.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 18.0%

• Total voters
Oh yeah. Onto carpet, wood floor, parking lot, concrete, sand, dirt, mud. Scared the spittin' bejeebers out of me each time, too. At least at first. First time I dropped it, I uttered a fervent appeal to the heavens. Now, I just mutter a profanity, check the screen, and move on.

Oh, and no cracks in the case.

jeffdc5

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2008
I dropped my first one twice no cracks never dropped any other iphone im on my 3rd one i take of it

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I dropped my 1st gen on concrete once. It gouged a nice dent in the metal back. Luckily for me, a month later a dead pixel appeared, so I brought it to the Apple Store, and they gave me a new one.

I then dropped my replacement onto concrete again. This time, however, the only damage is a little black mark on the chrome in the corner.

I don't see how I could be any more careful. Maybe I'll stop walking on concrete.

DenniZ

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2007
Liverpool, UK
well....

I threw mine onto a kitchen floor, with a capsule rebel case on my iPhone 3G, everything was fine, but the screen was just plain old white, got it replaced though.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
I threw mine onto a kitchen floor, with a capsule rebel case on my iPhone 3G, everything was fine, but the screen was just plain old white, got it replaced though.

Threw? :eek:

I accidentally dropped mine, after I washed my hands and grabbed my iPhone out of my pocket, good thing I had a case on it. No scratches on my iPhone nor the case :D

unixfool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2006
East Coast
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

gilkisson said:
Oh yeah. Onto carpet, wood floor, parking lot, concrete, sand, dirt, mud. Scared the spittin' bejeebers out of me each time, too. At least at first. First time I dropped it, I uttered a fervent appeal to the heavens. Now, I just mutter a profanity, check the screen, and move on.

Oh, and no cracks in the case.

You must have a case.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
My first one I had for about eight months and didn't drop it til the last month. The second one I got for an exchange because my wifi quit working I had for three months without a mark on it. Then last month on my way from WI to VA driving in a UHaul, I had the phone on the seat between my legs and dropped it TWICE while getting out of the truck. The first time I was lucky cuz it landed on the side runner and didn't bounce (how I don't know). The second time I wasn't so fortunate. The screen was ok, but there were three pretty severe gouges in the metal casing.

It's all good though. It's resting in my new iPhone 3G's box in my room. :D

andreab35

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2008
USA
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Yes... I have dropped my 1st gen. I was getting out of the car and my phone slipped out of my pocket onto a newly paved parking lot. It left a lot of nice nicks and scratches.
Oh well... Life must continue on. lol

drakeshipway

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2008
Oakville, Ontario
my first one, in the middle of the street while crossing it.
the one i have now, onto ceramic tile about 5 times, and some other times around the house.

nothing to exciting ;)

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Dropped mine a lot...luckily its usually on to a carpeted surfaces so no damage

Kevster89

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2008
I was angry so threw it as hard as I could against a brick wall on the side of my house. I then went inside and forgot about it for like 3 months. After reading your post, I remembered I had an iPhone so I went back outside and found it, under rocks and other rubble. However, to my amazement, I had not 1 ding, scratch, crack, mark, etc., it was in perfect physical condition/appearance. It works perfect as well. ;):D

I was angry so threw it as hard as I could against a brick wall on the side of my house. I then went inside and forgot about it for like 3 months. After reading your post, I remembered I had an iPhone so I went back outside and found it, under rocks and other rubble. However, to my amazement, I had not 1 ding, scratch, crack, mark, etc., it was in perfect physical condition/appearance. It works perfect as well. ;):D

Yeah. And if you expose it to toxic waste, it will absorb it and emit pure oxygen...

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
a few times it has sliupped from my hands landing on concrete desk corners sinks and no craks dings or anything

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
a few times it has sliupped from my hands landing on concrete desk corners sinks and no craks dings or anything

oh concrete, desk corners.

I was starting to think for a second that you had a super sweet concrete desk. Guess it would suck come time to clean behind it:D

ZDDP1273

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2008
I had my first major drop a couple of days ago. I was talking on the phone and trying to change my pants and it fell about 5 feet to the ground. It was fine though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.