Have you ever exchanged your Macbook Pro to get one with higher specs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hugemacfan, Jul 22, 2014.

1. hugemacfan macrumors newbie

I bought my 2.4/4/128 13 inch retina MBP from the Apple store on the 9th, and today I decided to exchange it for the 2.4/8/256 retina MBP and pay the difference in price, just before the two week return period ended.

I must say it was worth it, and now I don't have to worry about not having enough ram or disk space for the future.

2. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I have done it for the 13" Retina before to up it from the Mid Range model to the fully loaded Core i7. It was okay I guess...

3. Rbk23 macrumors regular

Just about to head to the apple store to exchange my mid range 13" for a base 15"

:)

4. x3n0n1c macrumors regular

I started off with a base 13" air, decided I really liked it so I returned it and ordered an upgraded I7/8gb/256gb model.

Then apple released the late 2013 15" rMBP and I decided I really wanted that instead. So I sold the air, and purchased a base 750m specced model. Glad I did, it's an awesome laptop. Very powerful and portable at the same time.

That said if they had offered the regular MacBook Pro with the replaceable parts, but included the retina screen I likely would have sacrificed the portability.

I see no reason to have to upgrade any further for at least a few years at this point.

Cheers.

5. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

The thought has crossed my mind. However, I was able to get my base model rMBP for 975 before taxes. It would have been a lot more to move up to the mid tiered 13 inch for extra power that I will never use. The 4/128 is more than enough to suit my needs and I saved a bunch of money in the process.