Have you ever listened to a sales pitch for Android?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Drag'nGT, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

I was in BB recently and overheard the Android fan boy of the department talking to an older customer (50+) about how awesome the droid phones were etc... I hovered and heard some wild ass stuff.
    "Apple locks everything down in their phones. In an Android phone you can change your keyboard and icons if you want to. And it won't void your warranty. With Apple you're stuck with the keyboard they give you."
    "Apple denies lots of apps that the Android market allows you to use."
    "Apple is the one restricting the use of FaceTime. The Evo can call over the cellular network."
    "It's free to tether the Evo with up to 8 connections."
    "The Evo is faster than the iPhone. 4G (not available in our area anyway) is way faster than 3G."
    "Apple wont acknowledge their phone has a major issue with it's antenna." "The only case they offer is the bumper."
    "They're 3 months backordered on the cases too."

Anyone else got something like this to share?
    I got a feeling that the guy came in for an iPhone but they were out and wanted to sell something instead of turning him away. He actually knew about the free case and asked the guy about it.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Salesman would do and say anything to get your money right then and there.
    Im think an iphone would be alot easier and simpler to use for a 50+ year old than any droid IMO.

3. RRmalvado macrumors 6502

Sales pitches are exactly what they are. He is trying to get a sale from the customer. Two or three of those points are valid, but either way, it's up to the consumer to decide.

4. illutionz macrumors 65816

Blind fanboi is blind... but I'm sure many Apple fanbois are the same way :eek:

5. Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

I am over 50. I think that iPhone is indeed easier to use. I also think it's easier to use if you are over 40, over 30, over 20 or over 10. It's a more intuitive system for anyone to work. That is the clever part of it.

I know people who love to have phones where you have to use assembly language to do anything on them. Well, I guess that is a kick for the first time or two, but I like to pick up my e-mails, make a phone call, listen to music or even surf the 'net without having the reprogram the silly thing.

Viva la revolucion!

6. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

People who sell cellphones for a living are rarely cell phone fanboys nor that knowledgeable about cell phones.

The good ones are salespeople and they can sell anything regardless of what it is.