Have you ever lost your iPhone and someone returned it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleFan360, Aug 13, 2010.

1. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

I was just curious. I see a lot of threads here about people losing their iPhones but has anyone actually had their iPhone returned by an honest person? If I ever found an iPhone I would definitely try to find the owner.

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Having owned cell phones since '01, the only one I've ever "lost" was a week ago when my 4 fell out of my pocket in my friends car. She gave it back :)

3. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Not yet, and hopefully I won't. I lost an LG dumbphone once, and the person who found it, called the number under my contacts that was listed as "home", so now I always keep it listed as such.

4. Carterxx macrumors member

When I was in LAX in march, I left my iPhone in the boarding area of my flight. I didn't realize till I was at my destination (London) when I went to turn it on. By some MIRICLE a little girl found it and gave it to her dad who then called my house and spoke to my parents, and shipped it to my house in PA via overnight fed ex. Apparently there are still good people in this world.

5. AC202 macrumors member

The other way around.

A year or two ago after one of my lectures someone left their 3G/3GS on the desk. I could've taken it, but I gave it to the prof.

6. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Phones.... well, smartphones in particular, are so personal.

We store so much of our data and information on them, I cannot see why anyone would feel like it's okay NOT to try and return it to its owner.

Seriously... it's like finding someone's wallet. Why would I want to keep someone's wallet?

It has their info right there in it. Just seems very wrong to deprive them of their info... and man, to make someone have to go to DMV again. *shudder*

7. SonoViva macrumors 6502

SonoViva

I was incredibly lucky. I got trashed at a bar in Baltimore and accidentally left my iPhone at a table in the bar's garden. I realized it and panicked! My girlfriend called it and someone answered it. She asked if he could please give the phone to the bartender and we'd come and get it. He was like, "Oh honey, I will, just let me finish my drink!" (It was a gay bar.) We arrived there ten minutes later and my iPhone was with the bartender!! I was sooo relieved.