Have you ever purchased AppleCare+?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AR15MBP, Nov 8, 2014.

?

Purchased AppleCare before?

1. Yes

53 vote(s)
    76.8%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    23.2%
  1. AR15MBP macrumors regular

Have had iPhone since the 1st generation and with my recent 6 Plus purchase I really felt I needed to purchase AppleCare for the first time. Got burned on my iPhone 5 when the volume buttons died 13 months in. With the bending issues (I feel I see some mild bending) with the new generation I'm glad I did. I see insurance as a gamble, but in this case a worthwhile one. So, have you ever purchased AppleCare?

2. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

I usually get Care for my iPhones... and Macs. I feel better with it in place.

3. Dave Meadows macrumors 68020

Dave Meadows

I've got it on my iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air 2. Peace of mind.

4. munakib macrumors 6502

Anything over $500 from Apple.
    100$ for insurance upto 2 years on a $900 iPhone is definitely worth it.

5. AR15MBP thread starter macrumors regular

Agreed. Splurged on the 128gb 6 Plus. Definitely worth it in my case.

6. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I always get it for my Apple devices and it has come in handy on a few occasions.

8. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

Bought for the first time for my 6 Plus 64Gb. Peace of mind. Glad I got it.

9. Hustler macrumors 6502

Hustler

Never have, I've had good success with the Apple Store employees helping me out when things need fixed outside warranty.

10. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

Bought it for my first MacBook Pro retina 15" since I wanted to protect my investment of $2500+ and bought it for my first iPhone 6 plus mostly for the accidental protection. I also like the fact the I can get a refund, it's transferrable and the higher resale value. I've never bought it for my iPods, iPads or Apple tvs.

11. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

I didn't know you could get refund?

12. Stevessvt macrumors 6502

Refund in first 30 days after purchase, as long as if you didnt use it of course. Prorated after that, i believe.

13. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

14. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I had it on my Macbook Pro, and bought it for my 128gb 6 plus.

I dropped my phone a week after I got it, and got a hairline crack from the home button halfway up the screen. Thankfully it was covered under the warranty, so got the phone replaced. I didn't have Applecare at the time, so decided to add it to my replacement phone. What a hassle. The Apple store would not do it, as it was a replacement. So called up Apple, they did a diagnostic test on my phone and I was able to add Applecare. I am glad I did.

15. bushido Suspended

bushido

I got it for the first time on my iPhone 6 two days ago after i nearly dropped it on the same day i purchased it and after i had trouble with my rMBP in the past. Now i just hope karma wont be a bitch and i get it stolen instead of just breaking it lol

16. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

I did. After paying $1000 for a 128gb Plus, another hundred didn't feel like much. Also, I like not using a case.

17. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

If you don't tend to drop and break your iPhone, Amex can easily cover warranty defects in the second year. I used it to get a replacement iPhone (the sleep/wake button malfunctioned) and it's free of charge too.

18. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Yeah, it made sense to at the time.

Though I'm not sure I'll ever need it :/

19. Paco II macrumors 65816

Had AppleCare+ on my previous iPhone 5. Totally worth it. Went through 7 iPhones during the two year period. Never a hassle. I'm convinced that store employees are more lenient with iPhones that have AC+. Of the 7, only paid $50 deductible once.

20. CTDamselMacnPC macrumors newbie

CTDamselMacnPC

21. hallidc macrumors 6502

hallidc

Always purchase on AC+ on my iPhones and AC on my Macs

22. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

Nope. I think it's a complete utter waste of money.

23. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Purchased it twice, decided I already spent more than I would getting a replacement device. Granted, I also didn't know at the time that it was refundable (the portion unused).

Basically boils down to $50 a year. Probably worth it. I just tend to throw about $100 a paycheck into an "emergency" fund, which basically entails issues with the car (dry rot on my tires will set me back $400 of that this month), issues with electronics (iPhone included), etc.

At this point I recommend cell phone insurance to two groups of people:
    1) Those who know they are likely to trash their phone
    2) Those who would be very financially strapped to replace their phone if it was lost or destroyed - to this group O generally just recommend full insurance.

24. MacBjorn macrumors newbie

Yes...

Yes, I did for my 6 and purchased on all Macs except one which was a dud - go figure.

Never used AC+ on my iPhone, but I have on my Macs (though not in eons.)

25. vtboyarc macrumors 6502

vtboyarc

Ditto.

Also got it for my 5s last year. When I edged up on Verizon to get the 6 plus, I had to check a box saying my iPhone 5s is in good condition, no cracks, damage, etc. Which it was, great condition.

Over a month later, my 6+ pre order finally arrives...the day I get my 6+ in the mail, my 5s fell and shattered the screen...I would have had to pay Verizon the balance on it, about $450, but since I had applecare, $80 later, brand new 5s to mail back to Verizon. Totally worth it.