Have you ever sent your ipod to apple for battery replacement?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ataboc, Jan 16, 2008.

1. ataboc macrumors 6502

My question is that if i send my 5th gen 30gig ipod in to apple, will they send me a new ipod classic or do they still have refurb 5th gens to send out???

how long do they take to send you your replacement??

anyone have experiance with this?? my ipod loses full charge within 1 1/2 hours:( i bought it in jan 06 so i've got my use out of it.

When do you think 16 gig nanos will come out??

2. nufanec macrumors regular

It will be a refurb 5g. I'm not sure how long it takes if you mail in - the last time I got an iPod repaired it took just under a week. You call AppleCare and they send out a shipping box to you and once you receive that you send back your iPod. Once they get it they send you the replacement. At lest thats how it worked for warranty repairs. Unless there is an option to just send your iPod straight to them then I doubt it would be much different.

Quickest way is if you make an appointment at the genius bar - they will swap it out there and then as long as they have some in stock (they usually do depending how busy a store it is). If they don't have any in stock they can usually get it in really quickly.

As the iPods have just recently been updated so I doubt we will see a 16Gb Nano very soon.

3. JSchwage macrumors 6502a

JSchwage

Nope. By the time my iPod batteries are dead, the warranties are usually over since I don't buy AppleCare. I have a lot of experience with repairing iPods, so I just buy a new battery and install it myself.

4. Jecko024 macrumors member

Jecko024

I have never sent my iPod to apple for battery replacement, however, never ever send it through Best Buy. I had babied my 40 gig photo from the day I got it, and when I got it back it looked like someone drew on it with a ballpoint pen (as there was a blue stab mark) the broke the white border around my dock connector and scratched the back plate horribly. Also, now the back casing it loose, almost like they bent it to get it off :mad:

I'm betting Apple would be the best bet lol