Have you ever used the "Bill Me Later" Option?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by andreab35, Dec 7, 2008.

1. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Hey guys!
    Have you ever used the "Bill Me Later" option online, like somewhere on Amazon.com?
    How does it exactly work? Is there any extra charge later on since you are paying at a later time? Do you have to sign up for anything in order to use the option?

For instance, say I went on Amazon.com and I was purchasing a $150 item. I check of the Bill Me Later option. Later when I receive the bill, will I be charged like $160 instead of $150?

I tried reading about it, but I don't quite understand for some odd reason.

I appreciate it if you can clarify about this option. Thank you! :)

2. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

It's just like applying for credit. You would get your first bill for a minimum payment of about $15 and you get a monthly bill untill it is paid off. The monthly charge includes a finance charge of course.

3. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

I don't know about Amazon, but I did it last time I took out a magazine subscription. All it meant was that instead of giving them your credit card number at the time, they send you a bill. I think it's really only useful for people who don't have credit cards, so they can pay be cheque...

4. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

your thinking of something completely different. What the OP is taking about it a line of credit that is set up by sites such as amazon.com and the like.

5. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I mentioned exactly what it is in my post above. We used Bill Me Later at Apple.com to buy a Mac Pro back in June. It's a credit account without a credit card, finance charges and all.

6. gmecca2 macrumors regular

They obviously make you punch in your social security number though. Right? So those with bad credit need not apply. Pay Cash and Save on the finance charges or buy from a place that offers zero interest for a set time period.

7. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Yes, it uses your S.S. number and your credit score to approve you or not.

8. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

I've tried too but it always declines me. Doesn't matter what the amount is. $10-$1000.