Have you ever used this for jail breaking?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by macnfab, Apr 11, 2011.

1. macnfab macrumors regular

macnfab

So I am on my 3rd iphone (i4 on 4.3.1 ) and desperately want to JB but... I'm scared! The only reason is because it's truly my right hand man! I live with the dang thing! I can't imagine damaging it. (or loosing my data) So I don't wanna have to roll back and then jb.. I have been reading and thinking about it forever but every time a standard update comes out, I just can't help myself! so have you ever tried this?

http://ineedjailbreak.com

If it's as easy as they claim, it's soooo worth 20 bucks!

I'm hardly technology challenged, a 3rd year IT student.. BUT terrified to damage my baby! SO.. any input would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks in advance..:apple:

2. Ponchobot macrumors member

Why would you pay $20 for something you could easily do for free and it would take no effort at all. you just have to follow instructioins

3. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

+1 just check out iclarified for simple instructions. Best of all, it's free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

If you paid already, I feel bad for you.
    If you haven't...
    [​IMG]
    Scam to lure newbies at jailbreaking into paying for something that's free. Don't do it.

Follow instructions down to the letter, don't do anything excessively stupid (such as yanking cord while jailbreaking), and you will be fine. Use redsn0w, with a zero.

5. macnfab thread starter macrumors regular

macnfab

no I haven't paid yet.. But I am on 4.3.1 ?? there is no free jb for this update is there?

Thanks..

6. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

There is NO SUCH THING as a PAID JAILBREAK. All jailbreaks are FREE.
    Search "redsn0w" on Google. Copy paste it. It's the 1st result. FREE.

7. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Dev team released redsn0w to untethered jailbreak for this firmware version.

8. macnfab thread starter macrumors regular

macnfab

9. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

You really sound like a shill in your first post. You sure that isn't your site you are promoting?

It's just beyond ridiculous that you would find some site like that, then come to a forum like this and talk it up. What the heck do you think this forum is for anyway? Have you ever considered reading it?

10. macnfab thread starter macrumors regular

macnfab

ummm NO... been a member for a very long time!!! I considered it because I was fearful of damaging my precious iphone! <and the site seemed to take some of the guesswork out> BUT as usual some of the kind people here gave me the confidence to try and it worked beautifully!!

11. macnfab thread starter macrumors regular

macnfab

beyond ridiculous that what? I saw a site that is on top of any jail breaking google search and I came to my fav mac forum to ask about it? really?? WHATEVER!! Thank you so much to those of you who offered me the advise i needed without assuming the worst. I am grateful :eek:

12. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

My 13 year old sister Jailbroke her own iphone using the step by step instructions on iclarified.com If you are an IT student then I'm sure you can handle it. I find it hard to beleive you are that scared and uninformed about Jailbreaking to be honest.

*edit* glad you manned up and it worked out for you lol

13. macnfab thread starter macrumors regular

macnfab

Yeah.. Thanks! Being fearful of damaging my my prized device.. Does not make me dumb! Either way.. It's fine now and this thread can die!

14. himni macrumors regular

There is no way to damage an iPhone using jailbreak software put out by one of the dev-teams. If something happened you can ALWAYS do a restore and be back at the factory firmware. I've been jailbreaking for a while and never not once had a problem that a restore and rejailbreak didn't fix.

15. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You can't damage your phone with software. You can always recover from it. However, if you have a hardware issue, you can't recover from that.

16. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

This is wrong, but yes unless you do a major screwup the chances of messing up your iPhone is very low.
    FYI, you CAN brick/overload an iPhone through injected code. It's rare, but it happens.