Have you ever won an Apple product in a competition?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Fuzzy14, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Fuzzy14 macrumors 65816

Fuzzy14

Right, first new post ever so I thought I'd gloat.

Recently Coca Cola were running a competition to win free downloads on iTunes every minute and free iPods every hour. I save up lots of tokens (I'm a Diet Coke addict) and tried to enter one evening but won nothing. I figured loads of teenagers were entering at the same time as me and so I had no chance.

So I saved up more tokens, waited up to 2am (playing Age of Empires) entered 12 times, won 10 itunes songs and a black 80 GB iPod :D:D:D

Bad news: the iPod touch was announced a week later, rendering my new toy to 'iPod classic'.

Anybody else won an Apple product, and what was it?

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

A few years back I won a G5 Power Mac and a 23" display in a contest. I felt rather pleased with myself. :)

3. drewfus macrumors 6502

drewfus

Way back in late '01 or early '02, I won an iPod (1st gen, 5GB - right after they first came out) in a raffle over at macfora.com. It used to be one of my favorite mac sites, but it seems to have languished unfortunately.

4. Fuzzy14 thread starter macrumors 65816

Fuzzy14

Reason for asking is with the current climate of all these TV competitions being ripped off (ITV please don't sue me) I'm never sure if anybody actually wins them, or if the organiser gives the prizes to his family.

5. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

iPod Shuffle in an online stock trading competition. But I already had two of them. :rolleyes:

6. JPark macrumors 6502a

10 GB iPod, which I promptly traded up for a 20 GB. Now it's my permanent carPod.

7. typeoserv macrumors newbie

8. Sherman Homan macrumors 6502

Thousands of years ago, MacWorld in NYC, I entered a drawing and won a Power Mac 6100. The one with the AAUI ethernet connection and the utterly bizarre monitor adapter. Apple had just discontinued it, but it served me well for about five years.

9. hah116 macrumors newbie

I won the iWork '05 suite in a random ticket drawing for attending a mac related event at my school two years ago.

10. ron dj macrumors newbie

I won a 1G Ipod Shuffle by singing some parts of Donnie Osmand songs in front of my then-company.

11. SteveG4Cube macrumors 6502

I won a Shuffle in a charity car show raffle over the summer.

12. macpluslaptop macrumors 6502

I won a 20th Anniversary Mac in a raffle. It was wonderful and I used it for a few years, then eventually sold it to a collector. The speaker system (Bose) was incredible.

13. emac82 macrumors 6502

I won a 4GB iPod Mini (which I sold), and then I won a 4GB Nano, which I also sold.

I love my 512MB Shuffle...

14. robPOD macrumors 6502

No, but I wish I had, damn all you lucky people:)

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

[Charlie Brown voice]

I got a rock.

[/Charlie Brown voice]

In other words, never won anything :apple::(

16. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

I've never won anything, but my stepdad won a 512MB Shuffle in some contest at work so he gave it to my little brother.

17. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Hmm, let's see...I won 3x 30" ACDs, an 8-core Mac Pro, 24" iMac, 8 GB iPhone, and a pack of iPod socks recently. I was quite happy :D

18. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Nope. My luck doesn't come around often. It did last month when I won a Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS navigator thingy, which actually came at a great time because that meant I didn't need to get the $2,000 navigation option on the car I ordered 3 days later. So with how my luck goes, I don't think I'll win anything for another 21 years. Maybe it will be an Apple product, maybe not. Now if someone wants to give me an Apple product and claim I won a contest, then that's fine with me :D

19. Fuzzy14 thread starter macrumors 65816

Fuzzy14

Well done you!

I was a wee bit surprised at some of the replies to this post.
    I was expecting lots of iPods (shuffles) since these days they seem to be the generic prize in raffles and for filling out a survey in my Uni. I suppose it's to get attention for the Apple name, but the cheapest prize.

Real pleased that some folk won iMacs and Power Macs. That's something folks here would be willing to go out and spend hundreds of pounds on, and you get it for free. Cool!

To the people who haven't won anything, I'm one of those people who always says that I never win a thing. But if you don't enter you don't win! I'm waiting on Coca Cola to run the competition again!

20. Italiana macrumors newbie

One of my brothers won a white iPod video, but he already had a black one so he gave it to me. ^_^

21. Steve Jobs=God macrumors 6502

I won a Mars bar once...

nah, i've won 2 iPods, one was the original U2 edition, other was a 60Gb white video iPod

Also won a iBook G4 and recently iWork & iLife 08

Also just won a free copy of Leopard, my boss is paying for my copy when it's released :D

22. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

23. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

I was in the queue for Apple's Birmingham Bullring, UK Retail store launch with a Mac-loving friend and won an Airport Express. Go me! I may not have bought a Mac otherwise, so good for Apple.

24. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

How did you possibly win all that stuff?