Have you guys thought about this?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by StevenCP, Apr 17, 2015.

1. StevenCP macrumors member

I highly doubt if Apple had finalized the firmware for Apple Watch since the watches in store are just demos, which does not function in a lot of areas. If that is the case, we will be lucky if our orders will not be put off!

Also m, I want to correct one thing. I read posts on Apple Watch forums from other countries, and their orders have been moved forward, perhaps U.S. is no longer Apple's most important market?

2. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

:rolleyes:

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Maybe Apple wants to ship all of those incomplete/inferior/unfinalized firmware watches to other countries and send the fresh batch of improved ones to the US :D

4. H3rman macrumors 6502

Have you thought about not overthinking things? Seriously, the amount of rubbish that gets posted in these forums. Firmware will have been finalised a while ago, at this point I'm time there will be no more engineering involved for the launch product. All current software engineering efforts will be put towards software updates.

Hardware engineering will have been completed for even longer and again all efforts will now be on the next project/product.

Production will be in full force and it's not going to be delayed 1-week prior due to engineering changes. Manufacturing constraints and delays, maybe, engineering work....no way, no how.

How do I know? I'm a hardware engineer myself and work closely with software engineers.

5. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

It's threads like this that make me glad I'm skipping this launch and buying the watch in June. #

6. Pupi macrumors regular

Pupi

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

[​IMG]

8. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

And how will you feel in June if the firmware/hardware/software you receive from your Apple watch is the same as mine I received April 24?

9. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

10. StevenCP thread starter macrumors member

Hope that's true.

11. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

12. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I bet we get wOS 1.1 on the 24th and will be on wOS 1.2 or 1.3 by June.

13. StevenCP thread starter macrumors member

I'm getting mine in May. Not optimistic u r gonna receive it on 24th

14. gecko20 macrumors regular

People just think once please!

All the VIP's have an unfinished software on their apple watch??
    No way!

15. KaPOWitsCHRIS macrumors 6502

KaPOWitsCHRIS

China is Apple's most important market, sorry.

16. TallManNY macrumors 68040

TallManNY

I'm pretty sure the manufacturers are still working on their manufacturing process to improve speed and yields. I suspect that will go on for months more in earnest and in some ways continuously until they change to the next thing. But yes Apple's Hardware Engineers aren't giving a second thought to making the Apple Watch. They are thinking about new bands and Apple Watch 2.0. Though presumably they are actually relaxing right now and waiting for the data to pour in regarding how the product actually sells and holds up to daily use by normal folk. If ever there was a time to kickit, I would think right now would be it. In a month they will have a ton more real world data and they can start designing Apple Watch 2.0.

17. StevenCP thread starter macrumors member

Sounds fair enough. But I do not think there will be an updated Apple Watch next year.

18. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

If this initial batch of watches have any of this fantasy firmware/hardware/software issues I simply won't buy the watch.

19. dylman macrumors regular

dylman

This forum will be 100% Lord of the Flies by next Friday.

20. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Yep, OP, you're right. Surely Apple committed to a release date not knowing if they would finish the firmware in time. You know, they do stuff like that all the time. Just to tide folks over until they actually finish writing the firmware, they'll just go ahead and send out the Watches anyway with nothing but the demo mode running.

21. kycophpd macrumors 6502a

kycophpd

All software is unfinalized when you get down to it until end of life for the unit. I am sure there will be an update to it in short time, if not available the first day. However claiming they are not sending out watches because they were waiting to finalize the software is absurd. It very well may be a bit buggy when we get it but look at iPhone 1 software compared to today. There will changes, fixes, upgrades and what some may consider downgrades to the software over time. Relax, it's a watch. It will either be here the 24th or it won't, life goes on.

22. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I don't think the original iPhone shipped with 1.0

23. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

[​IMG]

24. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Not their first rodeo, pardner...

25. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

That's a joke, son...