Have you had an Apple power adapter fail?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dmmcintyre3, Mar 18, 2009.

?

How many Apple Power Adapters have you had fail?

1. None

13 vote(s)
    65.0%
  2. 1

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. 1-3

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. > 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

If so how many times? Please tell if it is for a PowerBook/iBook or a MacBook/Pro/Air

2. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

My power adapter for my MacBook (late 07) broke in like November of last year. So it lasted about a year, but it was under A LOT of abuse :p

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I had a Mag"safe" adapter start to fray by the connector. AppleCare replaced it though. 2006 MBP.

4. Gerri Shin macrumors member

I;ve never actually had one fail on me, however just this past weekend I took my MBP in because it was acting up and I took my power adapter with me. aparently when they plugged it in they noticed that it was making a louder buzzing sound so they just swapped mine for a new one.

5. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I accidentally kicked the s*** out of mine while it was plugged into the wall. The only part that broke was the removable "plug" off the adapter - it's still usable with the "extension cord" that came with it.

Still, not strictly an Apple design or quality control issue there, you see.

6. The ArchAngel macrumors regular

Mine didn't exactly "fail" either, but some of the wire was starting to get exposed where the line from the magsafe end runs into the adapter brick, and by that I mean roughly 1mm of wire was exposed, so it wasn't much. Wasn't bad, and was probably my fault from winding it too tight, but when I took it to the Apple store they replaced it on the spot.

7. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

8. dmmcintyre3 thread starter macrumors 68020

I had two fail but only one failed by burning up. My second one was throwing sparks and smoking. PPC is all I have.

9. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Air x 1, Pro x 4 just for me since '06. No physically apparent failures - just a dead PSU one day. More across my business.

10. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I have 2. Originally one stayed at work and the other was the one that I carried around. As one would expect the one I carried daily has gotten rather beat up. The cord is frayed and I have a good amount of electrical tape on it. It makes me nervous at times, but it still works. I haven't had to get a replacement yet.The computer will be 2 in April. The adapter lasted longer then my MBP.

11. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

Yep. Bit the dust, just stopped working. But I liked it because now I have 2 sets of adapters (cords/wallplugs) that I can keep in separate places.

12. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Hey I even found a picture of it when compared to the replacement. It was sad to see the magic smoke leave the old one...

Attached Files: