iPhone X Have you had hardware defects with your iPhone X?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TNThomas, Mar 16, 2018.

?

Have you had hardware defects with your iPhone X?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    31.5%
  2. No

37 vote(s)
    68.5%
  1. TNThomas macrumors 6502a

TNThomas

i am wondering how many people have had problems with their X so far. Please leave a vote or comment.

2. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

Nope. Perfect. Also my brother and housemate have one. No issues for them either.

3. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Have had mine since launch day with no problems.

4. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

5. Slicklx macrumors newbie

6. raqball macrumors 68000

No issues with at all with mine since purchase..

7. Beardedguy macrumors member

At least 3 days a week my lock screen and notifications go blank. I have to reset the phone for it to get back to normal.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

What kind of problems would you be expecting? The most Common problems I have read have been either with the display or dust under the camera lens cover primarily.

9. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

10. Inked macrumors regular

Inked

3D Touch only intermittently works on my X, Apple have been unable to determine whether it is being caused by software or hardware and I’ve given up (been jumping through hoops over the last 2 and a half weeks) trying to get it fixed so will just live with it.

11. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Personally, I would not ‘live with it.’ If 3D Touch is not working as it is intended, then I would at least take advantage of a warranty replacement if you can. Technically if you go to sell your iPhone X at one point, it would be considered somewhat defective if it’s not working as intended with a specific function like 3D Touch.

12. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

Every few days or so faceid stops working for me. Not just a random missed scab, simply will not scan and requires a reboot. Not the most inconvenient thing ever but I am contemplating calling. Just not sure if it’s worth the effort.

13. Arni99 macrumors 6502a

3D-Touch not working consistently on my X.
    Already have an appointment at the Apple store for tomorrow.
    My guess is that some displays are faulty and mine is one of them.

14. Inked macrumors regular

Inked

I don’t have the time or the inclination to keep going back and forth with Apple, a replacement phone has been refused by Apple and my retailer, only a repair (once the figure out what it is that needs repairing, which so far they haven’t been able to do). They did offer to send it away but couldn’t tell me how long it would be and offered an iPhone 6 to use on the mean time. I’d prefer to continue to use a faulty X than that :)

The phone will either be passed on to my wife (possibly before the next iPhone is released if it bugs me too much). She doesn’t care about 3D Touch, alternatively it will be sent to a phone recycling company rather than sold as I hate selling phones.

If it is a hardware fault, eventually it may turn into hardware failure at which point I’ll get it dealt with (the retailer I purchased from in the UK give a 2 year warranty).

15. stillcrazyman macrumors 68020

stillcrazyman

No issues in the two weeks I've been using mine. Love it so far.

16. big samm macrumors 65816

big samm

No issues here, works exactly like when i got it on launch day

17. Bamff, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018

Bamff macrumors regular

3D touch would work intermittently on my X around the second week of Feb. I bought it in Dec. I performed a hard reset, and when that didn't work, I performed a DFU restore. After that, it still wouldn't work properly. I called Apple support and explained my issue and they said a technician would need to look at it. I went to the Apple Store the same day, they said it was hardware related and issued me a white box replacement.

18. apolloa macrumors G4

If you try to send it to someone like magpie.com they will deem it faulty and offer you a lot less money for it.
    I would take a loaner phone and get it fixed, I believe in the U.K. they are only allowed to repair the same fault twice I think before having to replace it.

It is a device costing at least 1000 pounds or a very expensive monthly contract! I would get it fixed.

19. givemeanapple, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018

givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

Besides having to recharge the battery 3 times a day (defect?) compared to my 7 Plus I guess not.

20. KUKitch macrumors 6502

KUKitch

None for me, or my wife's, or my parents', or her parents'

21. daniphils macrumors member

My iPhone X is perfect from day one. Even the display is great and this was never the case before.

22. Inked macrumors regular

Inked

I’ll see how I feel over the next month or so. Not like there is any need to rush to get it fixed.

23. protox macrumors regular

Yes, day 15 had green line of death. Couldn't return to AT&T as I was just outside the return period. Other iPhone X bought same time is perfect.