Have you had problems with your new Apple Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by H3rman, Apr 24, 2015.

?

What problems have you had with your watch?

1. None

40 vote(s)
    74.1%
  2. Haptic Feedback Issues

4 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. Band Mechanism Broken

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Heart Rate Monitor Issues

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Won't turn on (DOA)

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. Crashes when doing certain things (not 3rd party apps)

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  7. Damaged on arrival, but working fine

2 vote(s)
    3.7%
  8. Other - Please Specify

5 vote(s)
    9.3%
  1. H3rman macrumors 6502

Been hearing about a few problems people are having. So wanted to start this thread in order to keep track of the problems happening.

2. H3rman thread starter macrumors 6502

BTTT, keep seeing threads about people having problems, but only a handful of people are voting. Would be really useful to all of us waiting and future buys to find out how widespread these issues are, and what the most common ones are.

3. Mikwehttam macrumors newbie

Yeah, besides keeping track of the most common problems, this should hopefully keep things in perspective for people who come here and see all the "My Watch is broken!" threads and thinks that's representative of the majority. Similar to bendgate. :rolleyes:

4. ddrulez macrumors regular

I had lags within the timer app. Had to wait 1min before the watch take reaction from crone input.

When I plugin the recharge cable the watch don't charge. I had to unplugged the power supply and then the watch was charging.

Sorry and for the bad English....

5. H3rman thread starter macrumors 6502

Bump, still seeing threads with people complaining, but 3/4 of the votes say their one is perfect.

Could this thread be made a sticky? Means its less likely to get lost in the masses of other threads.

6. janeR macrumors newbie

I have a problem where the speaker pops/clicks when the screen wakes up, happens maybe 1/5 times. can you add it to the list please. Curious to see if it's a general software glitch or if I have defective unit. Thanks!

7. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Guess I got lucky. Though I did have a problem yesterday where my crown wasn't scrolling through the weather. But I think that was just a software glitch because it worked on everything else, and a simple close and reopen fixed it.

8. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

Most threads will be people complaining.

People don't tend to make threads if they don't have issues.

9. H3rman thread starter macrumors 6502

It won't let me edit the Poll, otherwise I would also add charing issues, etc.

I know that, but instead of having 101 different threads and making it impossible to keep track of the issues, it would be better if we can just use a poll and make it easy for everyone to see. Hence this thread.

10. seong macrumors 65816

seong

is it just me or does the watch make a slight clicking sound randomly when the face lights up?

11. Lotabob macrumors newbie

Mine got a bit stuck with the accu weather app but it only happened the once, I was in a low signal area and it's worked every time since.

I actually can't fault it at all. Not that I'm trying to fault it but if this is the level they've brought to the table on day one I can't wait to see the improvements they'll make with updates etc.

12. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Doesn't do that on mine, try restarting the watch.

13. janeR macrumors newbie

No it's not just you, mine is doing exactly that - sounds like a speaker pop?

I've created a thread - let's see if it's a common problem? http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1873050

14. seong macrumors 65816

seong

I have restarted, the problem didn't persist for about 7 hours, came back again. :/

----------

Yes, that is EXACTLY the word I would use to describe: speaker pop.
    Will drop by your thread now to check things out.

15. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Definitely contact Apple support about this issue, the sooner the better.

16. atiffarooq macrumors 6502

atiffarooq

My side button is loose. Touching it without pressing makes it move around slightly.

17. seong macrumors 65816

seong

Will do. Hopefully they have replacements.

18. batristain macrumors 6502

batristain

My only issue was setting a passcode but I think that was due to a policy on my phone that enforces ridiculously strict passcode for work email. I googled and someone else had the same issue and he just did a reboot of the watch and it fixed it - same case here. I had to go through the actual "Welcome to your watch video" to actually figure out how to use it. It feels counter-intuitive to not use the "home button" to go back to home but I'm catching on. It's super cool to call my husband with it - lol.

I'm still learning and trying to decide on a watch face.

Cheers,
    Bobbie

19. Vaxace macrumors newbie

Im not happy with the auto dimming feature that I can't find documentation on... Seems washed out on some screens - prefer it to be more vibrant....

20. Marshall73 macrumors 65816

Marshall73