Have you had success hacking/lying for AT&T MMS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by notjustgc, Jun 28, 2009.

?

Have you managed to hack up some MMS on AT&T?

1. I've got AT&T MMS working non-stop!

6 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. It worked, but only temporarily.

14 vote(s)
    20.6%
  3. I tried, but never got it working.

16 vote(s)
    23.5%
  4. I'm just waiting until late summer.

32 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. notjustgc macrumors 6502

notjustgc

Given that this latest thread [link] has almost 6,000 views, and so many others like it have been popping up since 3.0 came out, I've gotten curious to see just how many of you have actually gotten MMS working for more than 30 minutes on AT&T. VVM and tethering be damned.

My guess would be relatively few. But who knows? That's what polls are for.

Oh, and if you were wondering, I'll be waiting until AT&T gets around to it later this month/summer/year. I'd rather not screw with my rate plan.

2. cridiron macrumors member

I have not changed my messaging or rate plan at all, but I have tried swapping my sim with another non-Apple phone and updating the carrier settings. I had MMS working perfectly for months on my 3G. Now however on my 3GS, no matter what I do, I can't seem to get MMS working. I've given up now and I'm just going to wait till AT&T officially supports it.

3. djrayz macrumors newbie

I've ran the carrier file update (AT&T 5.0) on my 3G S and my brothers 3G (our iPhones are on the family plan together). I was able to get MMS working on both of our phones along with internet tethering just as described in your link.

I noticed that once I setup my phone number with mymedianet I was able to immediatly start sending MMS messages once I switched the sim card back to my iPhone.

It's been a little over a week and I've been able to send and receive MMS.

In order to get my visual voicemail working I went into the: Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data || then I scrolled down to
    Visual Voicemail and put...

APN: acds.voicemail
    Username: [leave blank]
    Password: [leave blank]

and I got my visual voicemail to work. You might need to hard reset (hold power and home button down) if you put those settings in and they didn't work right away.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Not me, I'm one of those weird people who are willing to wait for such services and not hack my device.

5. macaco74 macrumors regular

+1

6. mbsaeger macrumors 6502

mbsaeger

I got mine working, it only took a few (hundred) calls to AT&T....

7. D3lta macrumors 6502a

I've tried and tried... but nothing works. Just gonna wait till it officially gets released. **** AT&T.