Have you hooked your ipad 3 to a big screen tv

Discussion in 'iPad' started by paulbaker99, Sep 8, 2012.

1. paulbaker99, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012

paulbaker99 macrumors newbie

what size tv was it and did it show every thing in full screen ? i have tryed this with my 65 inch and have only been able to see youtube videos in full screen.

2. Dkorda macrumors 6502

Jailbreak that bad boy. There's apps that will force full screen.

3. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Are you absolutely sure? I'm sure there isn't such an app.

You can do the following:

- if it's a video, convert it to MP4 so that it can be played back as video on the external TV

- if you just want an app with full screen capabilities, go for, say, iCab Mobile, which supports full screen web page rendering with full (!!!) resolution on external TVs if and only if you set TV Out to Web Page in the system-level Settings. (It's disabled by default.)

- finally, try stretching the 4:3 area to 16:9 if you can't do any of the above - most widescreen TV's support this.

4. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I use my iPad on the TV all the time with Apple TV.

Also, my television actually has several display modes which allow it scale the image to fit the whole screen.

5. PortableLover macrumors 6502a

Once since I got the Apple AV/HDMI adapter. My sister wanted to watch One Direction in HD, can't remember what program it was. It had it in full screen, the movie was bought off iTunes. It was in the default video app, which automatically goes full screen when connected to a TV.

6. paulbaker99 thread starter macrumors newbie

I would just like to have the home screen and games and other apps in full screen. When the ipad was anounced a lot of people were saying that every thing could be viewed in full screen because of the high resolution.

7. iNtaCt macrumors member

I'm just watching movies with AirVideo on Sony Bravia 46". Its just great when i am playing 1080p movies.

8. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

You can't with 99% of apps out there. There must be explicit TV out support with a different(!) resolution built into the app - just like in iCab Mobile.

The rest will always run in 4:3.

9. macrat macrumors regular

Get an AppleTv! Anything you see on your iPad and iPhone you can AirPlay or mirror to your HDTV

10. rasputinj macrumors regular

Airplay rocks via Apple TV, I stream music, video, youtube.