Have you Leopardized? (was supposed to be a poll)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mcdj, Nov 3, 2007.

1. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I upgraded, found some glitches, incompatibilities and annoyances, and almost immediately went back to Tiger. Then some fixes and tweaks came out and I gave Leo the benefit of the doubt and reinstalled. Then I found even more glitches, incompatibilities and annoyances, and went back to Tiger again today.

I'll be waiting until Photoshop, Lightroom, iSnip, Max, SuperDuper, Candybar, SafariBlock, Spotlight/Finder searches and the DMG unmounting bug get fixed or become compatible. Also waiting until TimeMachine sounds more stable and Stacks get some more powerful options.

I wanna like the Leo. For now I can't.

*Crap. This was supposed to be a poll but the server hiccupped.*

Have you Leopardized?
    1. I'm still waiting.
    2. Yes, I upgraded and I'm lovin' Leo.
    3. I upgraded then downgraded.
    4. I upgraded, then downgraded, then upgraded, then downgraded. My S.O. is so sick of seeing me at the computer he/she wants to pour syrup on the motherboard.

2. tivoboy macrumors 68030

how to go back

how do you go back to tiger? I think I might do the same.

3. mcdj thread starter macrumors 604

mcdj

Before I upgraded, I made a bootable clone of my HD with SuperDuper, just in case.

Assuming you didn't do something similar, you'd have to install Tiger from scratch, preferably on a different drive, boot into that, copy the files you need from the Leopard HD, and possibly, if Leopard will let you, do a migration of your user account from Leopard back to Tiger.