Have you noticed more naked iPhones? - Poll

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by viewfly, Feb 15, 2012.

?

Have you noticed an increase of 'naked'/caseless iPhone recently.

1. Yes, I've noticed an increase of naked/caseless iphones in my area.

36 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Nope, it is about the same as it was a year ago.

41 vote(s)
    45.6%
  3. I see less naked/caseless iphones in my area.

13 vote(s)
    14.4%
  1. viewfly macrumors 65816

viewfly

I made this observation in an iPhone accessory thread- a LOT more people with naked/bare iPhones today than last year or even 6 months ago.

Have you noticed a surprisingly large increase in the number of naked, i.e. caseless iPhones in your area?

Other posters were noticing the same.

What cases have you seen - iPhone accessories.

The question remains as to why. Here are some of my thoughts. Yours?

1. With the iPhone 4S (and the Verizon iPhone 4), AntennaGate has finally been resolved by a hardware change from Apple- people feel ok without a case.

2. Also, with more carriers having the iPhone, combined with the 4S, we just have more users, also going caseless.

3. Experience. People have gotten use to iPhone, and not dropping it or know how to handle the antennagate on the 4 ( the 'bad' spot)...and are just going caseless.

4. With Applecare+ new program, that covers up to 2 accidental damage to the phone (@$50 each), people just feel more okay about a breakage?

5. Or maybe people just got tired of using cases...period.

6. Perhaps it is simply all of the above!

Thoughts as to the reasons, and do you notice the same. I'm in the Boston area.

2. iKIKO macrumors regular

iKIKO

i use it always naked. with a case it doesnt feel the same as naked :D

3. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

Originally with my iPhone4, and after 'antenna gate' - I used my free bumper for a little while. But now completely naked. Even with my 4S, it's made no difference. - It's all hanging out, in all of it's glory! :p

4. ModestMoo macrumors 6502

ModestMoo

Without case It just slips out of my hand... It's just too slippery. :D

5. saberahul macrumors 68040

Nope. I have the vzw iPhone 4 and have the antenna gate problem. Because of this I am compelled to use the case.

6. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

If I had an iPhone 4/4S then I would definitely use it without a case (I hate cases on my phones). But in terms of my observations, I barely see any naked iPhones. Here on campus I've seen every kind of case imaginable, but very very few naked iPhones. Maybe other college students just aren't as careful with their phones as I am?

7. yeah macrumors 6502a

yeah

That's what she said ;)

8. therealjustin macrumors member

I have been seeing "naked" iPhones everywhere! The glistening Apple logo always catches me eye.

It seems like there has been a shift away from how most people feel about their phones too. No longer is the smartphone itself considered "special". There is less concern if they drop, scratch or lose their phone and more emphasis on the information on it.

9. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

How is the iPhone slippery at all? To someone reading all these posts//not just this thread// and not holding one in their life they're probably imagining it slipping out of your hands like a stick of butter. Seriously I hold mine with it case-less just fine even when my hands are sweaty. Just wipe it with your shirt every now and then to get rid of some of the build up.

10. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I've noticed more iPhones in general, both with and without cases. A LOT more.

11. Hastings101 macrumors 68000

Hastings101

I've never seen someone with an iPhone 4/4S that didn't have a case on it lol

12. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Naked i's no.... Naked ladies, yes please!

In my fields of work no one goes naked. Lots of situation where your phone can take a beating. Most of the people I know with an i use otter box or some other type of life proof case. I personally run lucky lab spectra wrap, lucky labs carbon fiber back protection and black bumper. I like the bumper and it's the best choice from a protection/aesthetics point of view IMHO.

13. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

14. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

At LA Fitness, I see a lot of iPhone users but only seen 2-3 that are naked.

15. bluesboy77 macrumors member

16. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

4-5 guys i know at work do not have anything but a screen protector on their phones. Similarly quite a few of my friends also carry the iPhone case-less.

The case can protect but i cringe everytime i see the brick shaped cases wrapped around the iPhones. I refuse to put a case on mine. Rather be more careful.

17. elaniemay macrumors 6502

elaniemay

18. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

Almost all of my friends / family have cases on their phones. Even non-iPhones.

19. Djs621 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Yup I have. Its cause of its popularity. The more iPhones their are out there the better chance you'll see it in diff flavors

20. ann713 macrumors 6502a

My phone's naked and also many of the ones I've seen.

21. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I went to the car wash this last weekend and was sitting out in the waiting area, waiting for them to finish my SUV. There was a guy who was standing there using his iPhone and dropped it onto the concrete! It hit hard and several of the people gasped!

He just bend over and picked it up and hardly even looked at it before he put it in his pocket! I am laid back and enjoy my device but he must have been NUMB!:rolleyes:

22. CmdrThor macrumors member

I go case-less and I don't think it is slippery to hold, but if I try to set it down anywhere that isn't completely flat it will slide right off. Try setting it on your leg while you are sitting down or something, it doesn't stay. That is the only thing I would like about a case as it would provide a little grip, but the added bulk isn't worth it to me.

23. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I prefer using mine without a case. Now that Apple fixed the antenna & finally included a proper baseband chip, it functions well as a phone.

24. TheSacredSoul macrumors 6502a

Nope, I actually only know 1 person without a case for their 4/4S. I personally prefer it without a case too but I gotta keep it in pristine condition to sell it off when the 5 comes out :)

Using the VaporComp as a bumper and SGP Oleophopic screen protectors for the front and back.

25. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

Nope. All people with iPhones I know -which aren't too many- still have cases. Mine's naked though. I had my 3GS in a midnight blue incipio feather which is quite good, but I decided it's too pretty to cover up. It's iconic :cool:
    Plus I like the feel of the smooth plastic back.