Have you owned a Mac before?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Nick5a1, Jun 14, 2012.

?

I'm buying a MacBook Air and...

1. Have never owned a Mac before

13 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. Have owned a Mac before

24 vote(s)
    64.9%
  1. Nick5a1 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I'm interested, for people who are currently purchasing a MacbOok Air, how many of you are coming from windows?

2. Sounds Good macrumors 68000

First timer here. I'll be coming from Windows.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I am a 20+ year Windows veteran and bought my first Mac 9 months ago with the 2011 MBA. I am so enamored with Mac now I went and bought the 2012 model for no good reason other than I just love the Air. Awesome laptop. And it runs Windows 7 sooooooo well.... ;)

4. Sounds Good macrumors 68000

Nice! I'm gonna assume you opted for another 13"er?

5. tuxon86 Suspended

I bought my first Mac in 2003 (1.6ghz G5 powermac).
    I also owned 2 macbook (CD & C2D).
    Now I have a 2010 i3 iMac and i'm planning to buy a MacBook air (i7/8gig/256gig 13") by the end of the month.

6. lls4f macrumors regular

Technically my first computer was a Mac, an old clunky desktop back in 1995. But it's been Dell desktops since and one Dell laptop. I am so excited to say goodbye to Dell forever. I knew it was time to switch after going through 4 years of undergrad. My Dell was always in the shop (and I'm not a computer dummy who can't do my own troubleshooting/maintenance), whereas my friends with Macs had maybe one or two visits to the shop over the course of 4 years. I'm now off to grad school and want something reliable, and I'm already in the "ecosystem" with my iPad. Also planning to buy an iPhone 5 whenever that comes out.

7. kristiano macrumors regular

8. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

I've always been a Windows user but a year and a half ago I realized how much better Apple products are and decided my next computer would be a Macbook. I've just been waiting for the right Macbook at the right price to come along... still haven't decided but the new 13" MBA looks good. If only if had better graphics.

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Oh yeah. I have way too much money invested in cases to do anything else.. :rolleyes:

10. Sounds Good macrumors 68000

Ha! Good point! :)

11. jgc macrumors regular

First timer as well. Always eyed the products from afar with envy but never took the plunge. I had the money though and have loved my iPhone 4 so decided to get an IB MBA since it gives plenty performance for me and looks great/will be easy to carry around while at school for long days. Bought an iPad 2 refurb as well and it's amazing. I'm hooked on Apple now lol :rolleyes:

12. seaghan macrumors newbie

This will be my first Mac, but I'm not coming from Windows. I've been a Linux user since 2006 and I'm hoping to dual boot with Ubuntu on my new MBA.

13. wineandcarbs macrumors 6502a

I've been a Mac user for a little over a year. Currently have a 13" MBP. Before that I used Windows exclusively.

14. Mopar macrumors member

Mac user for 20 years, owner for 18 years. Personally owned about a dozen machines in that time, but worked on many more.

Best machines I've owned? In order . . .

1. 2000 model PowerBook G4, 15" Ti case - love that laptop and still own it.

2. 2010 model MacBook Air 13.3" - my wife's machine and one of the best upgrades Apple has produced in recent times.

3. 1997 model G3 tower (beige) - very solid, stable machine that was fast for its time.

4. 2008 model MacBook Pro, 15" - last of the non-glass matte screens; reliable and lovely to work on.