Have you received a discount from AT&T....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slick316, Sep 4, 2008.

1. slick316 macrumors 6502

due to the lack of proper 3G coverage in your advertised area?

I mean, have you had days that you could not use data, web pages won't load, email won't send/receive, etc., and you call up AT&T to tell them this and they give you some sort of compensation for the inconvenience?

Apple admitted to having issues with MobileMe and gave subscribers a couple months free, that was certainly a nice gesture.

I had a dsl outage once, sucked because I had to send some email, along with attachments so I couldn't even use my phone. The entire day my dsl didn't work. So I called AT&T and asked them what's going on. They told me that the service is out in the area and should be up the next day. I didn't even have to ask, they gave me $10 off on my bill for that month, and got me set up with that wifi service that they offer that works at Starbucks, so I could atleast send my emails (the wifi thing is included with the dsl subscription I believe, but I never set it up, so they reminded me of this and got me up and running on it quick).

Maybe if people called to complain and ask for compensation, we can see a faster remedy to this issue of crappy service. Just a thought since it works with other services.

2. goodcow macrumors 6502a

3. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Never needed to ask for a discount. I get 3G in 99% of my area. The .01% where there is no coverage is clearly marked on AT&Ts site.