iPhone X Have you seen anyone else with an X?

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
It is my inner nerd to notice sometimes what type of phone someone has riding the bus and train here in Seattle.

I haven’t seen anyone with an X in the wild other than one other person. I just found that a little interesting. Has anyone else noticed that?

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
I see people everyday with the X. I work with many that have it and see them out in stores and restaurants etc...
My work is pretty much full of android users and we use mostly windows.

The one place I saw an X was at the local gay bar and I ended up helping a guy figure out how to take a screenshot and ended up with a date

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
It is my inner nerd to notice sometimes what type of phone someone has riding the bus and train here in Seattle.

I haven’t seen anyone with an X in the wild other than one other person. I just found that a little interesting. Has anyone else noticed that?
I live in a fairly populated city and I have maybe observed a dozen or less iPhone X's. It's still relatively a new iPhone and stock is becoming more abundant every single day.

baytraveler

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2011

[doublepost=1513724983][/doublepost]I've seen two. I fly a lot and sat next to someone with a X on two different flights. Probably more common than we think.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Seen a few in the wild even before they went on sale, and these days see a few more around. Not as many as some of the other (older) iPhones, but that's more or less expected given the timing.

Some earlier discussions of this kind of thing: iPhone X Spotted In The Wild

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Yes, but live in a city and besides a couple of friends that have them I see them at the gym a lot.

Contra1971

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2016
San Antonio
my friends at work all have older iPhones
but I did buy my son the 10 (I live in Texas) he lives in New York

of course I have had mine since Nov 15

Archer1440

Suspended
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Dozens since introduction date, but the very first one I saw was being used by a highway construction worker in an Arby's- not quite what I expected. There's an object lesson there about stereotyping.

Reactions: Apple Fritter

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
I am in a large metropolitan area, which also sees a large amount of visitors: just saw my first X in the wild today in a restaurant (customer was presenting the phone to the waitress to take advantage of some discount that was e-mailed to them, saw the notch standing out against the primarily white e-mail body).

But like others in the thread, I'm not actively looking to see what phones others have.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors 604
Feb 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Saw one at the gym before I got mine (a couple of days after release) but haven’t seen a single one since. I kinda like it. Almost feels like the exclusivity we got with the first iPhone.

haruhiko

macrumors 603
Sep 29, 2009
Yes. I've seen several. But I'm not the kind of person who looks at what phones people are using.

Jjayf

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2015
I’ve never seen another in the wild. Make me pretty exclusive. Or a sucker.