Have you seen the movies about Apple !

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by partyBoy, Dec 13, 2009.

1. partyBoy macrumors 68000

partyBoy

hey mac heads..have you guys seen the apple movies im talking about--"mac heads" and "welcome to macintosh" and "pirates of silicon valley" they were very good movies,mac heads should have been in high def would have been better,good story on apple on the welcome movie...what do you guys think about the movies ?

Attached Files:

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

I've seen "Welcome to Macintosh" and of course, "Pirates of Silicon Valley". I've yet to see "MacHeads", although I've heard it wasn't that great to begin with. "Welcome to Macintosh" was pretty good for an amateur documentary, and it had some pretty interesting interviews, although a lot of it was based on things I'd already heard or seen.

"Pirates of Silicon Valley" is of course, a classic. Not only in the computer geek world, but in the business world as well. I enjoy the film because it's the easiest way I can get my friends to learn about this history of Mac vs. PC, without them getting too bored from hearing me talk. The only thing that’s disappointing is that the movie is officially outdated (such as it ends on a dark note for Apple, with the line "Microsoft owns part of Apple Computer"). Maybe if there was an update, like an epilogue to modern days, it'd be pretty intersting to see how far Apple's come since the release of that movie 10 years ago.

When I showed "Pirates of Silicon Valley" to my friends (who aren't computer people at all), I actually edited out the ending to make it less confusing — specifically the line about Microsoft owning part of Apple. Either way, most of these movies are pretty well known in the Mac community, especially to us geeks. :)

3. partyBoy thread starter macrumors 68000

partyBoy

4. iOrlando macrumors 68000

there are a number of threads about this still ongoing, i just posted in one last week...anyways...pirates of silicon valley is a good movie but it is not entirely the truth. like any other movie, the timeline is all mixed up and certain events are added to make it well into a movie haha. Woz didnt mind the movie, but hated how he was portrayed especially when he left his duties at apple. Steve of course never recognized the movie (probably didnt like the drugs scenes and the whole baby lisa scenes). Also i doubt you will ever see this movie in itunes haha.

5. partyBoy thread starter macrumors 68000

partyBoy

i think he did recognized the movie cause one of the actors came out at the keynote at macworld one year

6. iOrlando macrumors 68000

if by recognize you mean...yeah heres noel everyone he was in some movie etc..

i meant he never publicly discussed the movie...