Have you stopped babying your iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DanggxAmanda, Aug 28, 2010.

1. DanggxAmanda macrumors regular

DanggxAmanda

I already stopped for awhile now, just wondering if you guys have.

Edit: I forgot to add a poll, how do I add one now? I looked in edit and advanced settings and couldn't find it

2. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

3. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

I never "babied" it, but at the same time, I never tossed it around like it was a newspaper or magazine. It's clearly an expensive piece of technology, and I treat all technology with the respect it deserves. So yeah, I don't carry it like it is super fragile, but I am also careful of how I place it on a table, and what other things might be in my pocket when I put it in there.

4. intervenient macrumors 6502a

A little. I leave it out of it's jacket a little more and not obsessive about the screen.

5. motty2307 macrumors regular

I will continue to baby it until the iPhone 5 is in my hands. This is what I did with my 3GS and it looked like it just came out of the box a year after I bought it. People pay a lot for used electronics if they are in mint condition. Technically, I got my 32 GB iPhone 4 for free because I sold my 16 GB 3GS for $300 and hope to do the same for the 5.

6. Lotso macrumors 6502

Lotso

No.

I did the exact same thing with my 32 gig 3GS, except I even made 120$ :cool:

7. chembox macrumors 6502a

If my first few weeks of ownership, I would never place it over a great height or keep it on the side of my bed. I would also never throw it on a bed or couch. I was scared to put it in my pocket in fears of scratches before I got my case. But as time goes on, I slowly stop babying it and treat it like a phone, not a baby.

8. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

The first week I'm super OCD. As time goes on, I calm down more. It's still in a case, I just don't cradle it as much.

9. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

I used to, badly, but I've already stopped. I was hopeful that the indestructible and ultra-scratch-resistant glass would be true, but it was too good to be.

I have either a crack I never noticed from day one, or a really fine, straight, deep scratch that goes from the bottom up to the home button, almost vertically.

I can't say it's a scratch though, because being so deep, you think it'd also scratch the black gasket/boarder thing or the home button, but no. It's just the glass.

10. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

yeah. slowly stripped away the protection. first the bumper went because i felt it was too bulky and than my side protectors went cause it made it feel rubbery. the back film will most likely go. the screen protector will stay though.

11. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

See, I'm the opposite. I can't do a cover over the Retina display, but I just want something on the back of my iPhone for those times where it gets set down on its back. Not sure if I want the side protection though. I wanna try the Bumper I got from the refund thing, but I heard of it scratching the metal band.

However, then I'd want to put that in a leather sleeve like I have now. It all just seems like overkill. I have a Rocketfish leather sleeve that I had with my first iPhone, and I love its minimalism. My other pet peeve is I need to keep dust out of the Home Button, ports, speakers and mic. I haven't relaxed that one yet. :p

12. Savor Suspended

Savor

Not as much since I got my PixelSkin HD revised edition.

I still treat it with some care, but I am no longer OCD about the glass getting fingerprints and trying to clean it everyday especially now that the back side is covered. The case does feel slick though, so I still do have to be more careful handling it from slipping.

Honeymoon phase is over. Back to work now. And now that I am less OCD about it, I actually do enjoy it so much more as a practical tool.

OCD is for wimps. =P

13. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Yes I stwill tweat it like its my lil baby...

I love it to death, my wittle precious! -The shinyness, the curves. I dont even set it down on a surface that is hard, even wood, and I only rest it on soft pillows or my bed. Its just so beautiful. Sometimes I look over to it, and it just enraptures me with it's shocking elegance.

I only keep it in my pocket, that's the secret to going bare. I only take it out either to hold it in my hand and put it back, or I let it loose on the bed when I'm at home, but that's about it. Or of course if a girl wants to hold it, but besides that I don't use a case to protect it.

I will probably get over it in a few weeks or months. But the new design is secretly fresher than I first realized.

14. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

That's just asking for trouble:D

15. Damo516 macrumors newbie

Still babying a bit as I'm still waiting on my screen protector and case to arrive, once I have them then I'll be a bit less babying about it but until then...

16. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

The thing about babying Apple devices is that they keep a lot of value throughout the years so it only makes sense to keep them in tip top shape to help maintain that value.

17. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I forgot my iPhone in the car with all the windows closed for a whole day while I was doing some shopping. So.. Ehh :eek: :D
    I guess I'm a bad parent?

18. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

I did baby it pretty badly until I got an invisible shield, now not so much. It's a huge stress reliever, I don't have to gingerly pull it out of my pocket or set it down on surfaces like it's a nuclear warhead. Still I don't throw it down on anything or drop it, it can still dent.

19. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

+1

it's a phone grandma :p

20. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

I only babied mine for three days until my bumper arrived. I am very careful with it but I'm not going to baby something that I am going to replace in a year anyway. It will be handed down to my fiancee so I don't have to worry about resale value.

21. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Problem is, you have to baby these devices. Until they're made with durability first then aesthetics.

22. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

I never babied mine and it's still perfect. Not a scratch on it.

23. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

Yes i've stopped babying mine. I used to carry it in a microfiber bag when in my pocket so it didn't scratch but I now have a clear incase snap case on it and I carry it just like that everywhere. Seems good so far. :cool:

24. ikarus79m macrumors member

Never!!! :)

Mine went straight into a case and will stay there until I sell it next year. hehe

25. EDF macrumors member