Have you swapped your 6/6+ for issues? How was it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, Sep 29, 2014.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

I'm wondering if apple stores have retail replacements or if we have to deal with genius bar replacements. Furthermore, would a replacement invalidate the original 14 day return policy?

What did you swap your device for? Was it resolved?

2. SavMBP15 macrumors 6502

What is a genius bar replacement?

There are no refurbs yet.

3. Truthfulie macrumors regular

There aren't? I had mine replaced last week at the genius bar. Did I get a brand new phone? (he didn't pull it out of a retail box though)

4. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Yes it's a brand new phone. Apple store keeps some new ones and puts them in a plain white box for replacement purpose only.

5. CrystalPepsi macrumors regular

CrystalPepsi

I chatted with a rep Friday evening to schedule a repair for my 6+. I had grazed against the corner of a table, leaving a huge ding and bend in the phone. The screen is bent as well and has a pressure spot about the size of a dime, and a leaking backlight around the edges. They had a pre-addressed priority overnight box delivered to me at 8AM this morning. I'll be returning it today.

Hopefully I'll get a new unit, but we'll see. I thought I could survive without a case, but I was wrong (damaged within 18 hours of receiving it). Also, I must mention I have AppleCare+ on it. It was the first time purchasing AppleCare for anything other than my macbooks.

Hope this helps!

6. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

exchanged a 64gig for a 128gig (paid the difference ofc) and got a new in box because of the screen at the bottom being warmer and annoying in landscape and noticeable in portrait and wifi dropping way too many times, while trying network reset and all the software tricks/doing a few reboots. more drops than the first unit i had which in hindsight maybe i should have kept despite the dead pixels and dust and such... the screen wasn't as ugly. the text was also fuzzy on previous one, this one seems smooth like the first.

they were out of 64 gigs new and had to order a genius bar replacement phone that would take days. i didn't want to keep wasting time dealing with this. there were people in the store waiting to buy them but they just pulled a rep from the accessories section to take care of it for me real quick.

this one seems pretty uniform in tint, and clear and cool :D i'm not gonna go looking for issues, i'm bound to find them. but i think this is definitely one I can work with. I'm picky!

i'm happy. Every panel could benefit from color profiles but I can make do until JB on this one.

Holy crap. I hate the screen/QC lottery. HATE. nobody wins in the end with it, except :apple:

The previous one didn't have a flush sim tray either, this one does. and this is perhaps the first power button that has a nice feel to it imo. again being nitpicky. functionality and viewing prettyness are really my main priorities. I think I'm gonna skip 6s for this reason, don't wanna gamble. Also won't be eligible for the upgrade :D

good luck everybody! its draining.