Have you tried Camino 2 beta 2?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by yoshinatsu, Feb 27, 2009.

1. yoshinatsu macrumors member

I'm using it right now, and I have to tell you I DELETED Firefox.
    Yes, I did it. Camino had no problem importing my Firefox (or my Safari) bookmarks, I can set the search bar to whatever I want (that goes to Safari), and it's FAST. It really is FAST!! Usual sites like Facebook, MySpace, Gmail, Hotmail, YouTube, you name it, I tried EVERYTHING and it just RULES!
    And NO CRASHES AT ALL, even though it's a beta. I've had multiple crashes on both Firefox 3, and Safari 3 (didn't have with Safari 4, but anyway). I didn't that coming, really. I've been using Safari 4 since it came out, but I was BLOW AWAY with the new Camino beta! You should try it too!
    Sure, you don't have Firefox's add-ons, or Safari's Top Sites, but I think it's still worth a try.
    It scores 71/100 on the Acid3 test.
    You can find it here:
    http://preview.caminobrowser.org/

2. redsteven macrumors 6502a

redsteven

Well you're certainly experienced with Safari 4 then. I mean, you've used it a whole 24-48 hours. impressive. :D

I keep Camino, Firefox, and Safari all up to date.

Safari is my primary browser, and camino is my secondary. Firefox is significantly slower than Camino, and I really only use it when sending a Safari bug report to apple (I think it has more impact if I let them know that the page loads fine in Firefox).

But to answer the question you've posed.... no, i have not tried the Camino beta yet.

3. yoshinatsu thread starter macrumors member

Well, you should then! :p