Have you upgraded to OSX Lion?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kyle1320, Jul 22, 2011.

?

Have you upgraded to OSX Lion?

1. Yep, and I love it!

66 vote(s)
    62.3%
  2. Yes, but I want to downgrade..

5 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. Not yet, I'm waiting for more reviews.

29 vote(s)
    27.4%
  4. No, and I don't plan to.

6 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. kyle1320 macrumors regular

kyle1320

Have you updated to OSX Lion yet? If yes, do you like it?

2. jbjones85 macrumors member

Can we add a 5th option that says something to the effect of "yes and i'm torn" I have "upgraded" but i'm not sure if its an upgrade or not, some features are nice, some are very annoying.

3. kyle1320 thread starter macrumors regular

kyle1320

I realized some people would want an option like that after I added it, but I don't believe I can add one in.

Can a mod do this? Thanks

4. gnurf macrumors member

gnurf

I have upgraded, but I'm dual-booting because of music software (option 6!) :)

5. DePaulBlueDemon macrumors regular

DePaulBlueDemon

Yes, but I'm indifferent about it. Your poll is so biased.

6. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Nope.

Scansnap : Incompatible
    PGP/Symantec Whole Disk Encryption : Incompatible
    My Color Calibration Device : Incompatible.

I want to upgrade but I have to wait for these crappy vendors to get their act together.

7. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

8. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

9. kyle1320 thread starter macrumors regular

kyle1320

Wow, seems like I should have put about 7 options in the poll now :p

10. Mitchelino macrumors 6502

Upgraded and loving it. I'm surprised how well it runs on my MBP 4,1 with 2.4GHz 2GB RAM. It runs better than Snow Leopard, which ran better than Leopard for me as well.

11. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

I find no problems with Lion. I'm using it right now, and have been since earlier Beta days.

12. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I kinda like Lion. I'm still finding out all the little things that have changed since SL but, overall, it's pretty nice.

13. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

I'm really liking Lion, I did a clean install and it feels like I have a brand new computer. All the gestures are great and theres a bunch of little tweaks that just make it that much better than SL. I'm getting a lot of use out of launchpad, haven't messed around with mission control much yet but I'll get to it.

If you do upgrade, do yourself a favor and do a clean install, its worth it :)

14. Sam2lucky13, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011

Sam2lucky13 macrumors 6502

Sam2lucky13

I have on one laptop.... it's ok, minus air drop there's nothing earth shattering about it.

15. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

I'm in the (small) group waiting to ensure there are no "aggravations" with it before buying. :)

16. Philflow macrumors 65816

Sofar I'm the only one who's not planning to upgrade :)

10.6.8 runs fine for me and I haven't seen any reason to upgrade yet.

17. YsoSerious macrumors 6502

YsoSerious

18. Paulywauly macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

I have upgraded, twice actually.

The first was when testing the GM last week. Unlike alot of other people i really like the interface enhancements but i found it unstable, abnormally high RAM usage, various apps freezing. I went back to Snow Leopard which works perfectly.

Then yesterday, i decided i was bored with a perfectly stable operating system and would risk giving it another go from the App Store. This time i've barely had any issues at all and unless soemthing chnages i think i'll keep it

19. Fugue macrumors 6502

I will be updating after a few patches will be done. Probably in a month or two.

I am not looking forward to the new gestures and will be remapping everything with BTT.

20. NiCk- macrumors regular

It's not that I don't want to, I just can't .. My Core Duo Macbook Pro from 2006 is not supported :(

21. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

22. zjazz macrumors 6502

YES!
    VERY NICE! It's the same as SL but better. Like the mission control a lot, gestures (take little to no time to get used to), full screen apps, auto save. The new scroll is OK, but I went back to reversed that I've got used to. And of course versions is a great feature! Lion made my brand new MBP even newer!:):):)

23. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Yes I love the enhanced looks and cool new features but I hate with a passion the change of gestures....it kills me...Eh whatever I guess I'll relearn them, besides I've got it hooked up to my 46 inch in 1080p using an external mouse and keyboard :D :D :D :D

24. kyle1320 thread starter macrumors regular

kyle1320

I just wanted to say I'm not really even using Mission Control, unless swiping with three fingers to switch apps counts. I typically don't do very much multitasking, so maybe that's why.

I decided to try to get used to the new scrolling, because swiping to the left to go to the app to the left doesn't really feel right to me. I also decided that the only reason I liked scrolling up and down better the old way was because I had gotten used to it, and that once I got used to the new way, I would like it more. So far, after only a day of use, I have pretty much gotten used to the new scrolling.

As for launchpad, I have a shortcut to my applications folder on my dock, so I really don't use Launchpad much either. It is helpful when downloading apps from the app store though, because instead of the app going to the dock, it goes to launchpad, and I can see the progress of the download from the Launchpad icon I have in my dock.

25. jbjones85 macrumors member

I might try the clean install option tonight as I just feel like there is a lot of "leftover" stuff from SL and duplicate things that are more annoying than anything. Notice any HD space savings by going this route ?