Have your feelings of apple changed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fernandez21, Jul 16, 2010.

?

How have your feeling on apple changed?

1. Changed, I love them more now

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. Changed, I hate them more now

13 vote(s)
    28.9%
  3. No change, always loved them

21 vote(s)
    46.7%
  4. No change, always hated them

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  5. No change, never cared about them either way

6 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

So after hearing apple out in today's confrence, have you changed your views on them? Better? Worse?

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

The same, but then my views on the situation weren't negative to begin with.

Those who are are taking this WAY too personally. "Snubbed?" "Insulted?" Please. These people are reacting as if Steve broke into their house, dropped his pants and had an "accident" on their living room carpet while throwing them the middle finger.

If your relationship with your devices is THAT personal to you, then my suggestion is that you need to consider having that kind of meaningful relationship with an actual human, so that your relationships with inanimate objects (and with corporate executives who don't even know who you personally) can take a back burner.

3. mrfriggz macrumors member

Neither better nor worse. I am happy with them. No complaints here.

People need to remember that they are a private corportation. Not a public entity. The media and other vocal individuals scrutize SJ and Apple like they would a President and Congress. I, for one, believe that if you are not happy with a product or service, then return the product or ask the company to fix the issue. I do not understand why Apple is held to a different degree than any other company (besides BP or Enron at this point).

Mind Boggle.

4. NetBaffle macrumors newbie

I don't "love" Apple and I don't "hate" Apple any more than I love or hate my barber, my neighborhood grocer or my dog's vet. Apple is a company. They are in the business of making money. When they do a great job, I reward them with my wallet. When they don't, I refrain from buying their products. I've been wronged by Apple sometimes and there are times when they've made me happy. But the same can be said for almost every merchant that I've dealt with.

Yes, I've been satisfied with my iPhone from day one. No, I will not return it...but I'll gladly take one of those overpriced Bumpers on the house. My opinion of Apple is that they are a business, a quite successful one actually, and they have their good days and bad days. One thing can be said for this fiasco: whenever Apple has 'wronged' me and I've become vocal enough about it, they've always made sure to take steps to make things right. I can't think of another consumer electronics company where this statement holds true.

5. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

Agreed. Apple is a company that makes Consumer Electronics products. If you don't like their stuff, don't buy it. If it doesn't work for you, that's what the 30 day refund policy is for. I've done it before with phones, but I'm going to keep my iPhone 4 because I like it, flaws and all. Generally when doing research, you use a standard deviation and the normal bell curve.

So we have a bunch of people crying about it now, there are the same number of people completely content. 3 million units sold isn't anything to brush off. If this were indeed the end of the world, we would be hearing much more about this and people would be talking not with their words, but their pockets. For this to be a huge impact, they would need a 50% return rate (about 1.5 million phones.) As of right now, there isn't that many. So they must be doing some thing right.

Steve stood up and owned up for his mistake and offered a fix. Weather you like that fix is up to you, but they are trying. How often do you see other companies do this by choice and not forced to by the government.