Have your posting habits changed since you got your watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by SixtyK, May 15, 2015.

?

How have your posting habits changed since you got your Apple Watch?

1. My posting habits haven't changed

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. I'm posting more since I got my watch

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. I'm posting less since I got my watch

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. I haven't gotten my watch and I hate you.

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

Since receiving your Apple Watch, have you noticed a drastic change in the amount you are posting to MacRumors Forums? Were you posting frequently in anticipation but slowed down once you got it? Are you posting more now as you look for info on apps and accessories?

I ordered my watch on April 10 and received it May 6 and after looking through posts, this is what I found:
    • June 2013 - April 9: 60 posts
    • April 10 - May 6: 468 posts
    • May 7 - Today: 31 posts
    Just curious if it was just me or if anybody else has had a similar swing in activity.

2. flur macrumors 68000

I posted almost nothing before I got my watch (at least to the watch forums). As I was lucky enough to get mine early on, it's been nice to chat with others about how the watch works, learn new tips and tricks, and answer questions for the folks who are still waiting or have just gotten theirs.

3. whatos macrumors 6502a

I got mine on day one. Used it very heavily to learn it and decide if it was a keeper.

It wasn't so I returned it seven days later.

I plan to evaluate the next gen watch. If Apple history is a clue, that'll be greatly improved and worth using.

It had zero impact on my posting.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

There will always be people who pop in then leave again once they get their products, but such a poll right now would be biased anyway because we won't hear from them anymore.

5. loyalist macrumors 6502

I agree because I'm one of these people (good or bad) who hop on. Every time a new product or jailbreak is released I'm on this forum to get educated or share information. Once I'm competent and comfortable, I don't frequent this forum until another inquiry arises. Look at the jailbreak subsection. It's dead now because there's nothing new in the JB community. But as soon as a new JB is released, it will be hot again.

6. Crazy Matt macrumors 6502

Crazy Matt

Should of had one more option:

"Joined the forum because of the watch".

That's me! I found y'all because of my research about the watch. Even though I own several other Apple products, and have for a few years, I've never visited forums regarding them.

I'm glad I found this place. Very informative and some great people!

7. jds4300 macrumors member

I'm shampooing my hair more since I returned my watch. Coincidental? I think not.

8. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

How I learned to stop worrying and love the watch

I posted a good deal just before and just after the watch was released and when I received it. I am now wore out from all the "I got a scratch; I returned it because...; It doesn't work right; blah blah blah" threads. If there is a serious query for help and not just another spleen venting, I'll post up in those regards. But other than that, I am just digging the watch and moving on to reading discussions of apps, accessories, and cool uses. That is more listening and reading than contributing, so posting is returning to pre-watch levels :D

9. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

My habits haven't changed. When I have time I have time.

10. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Let me check, nope still same people hating. Haters gonna hate lulz. Bye Felicia.

Attached Files:

11. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

I always post a lot during product launches. Very little in between.