Have your text messages been going askew? (UK)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by markku, Jan 31, 2009.

1. markku macrumors member

Because mine have.
    For some reason my iPhone 3G doesn't like sending the first text message of the day to my girlfriends phone which is also on o2.

The second, third, fourth, millionth text message sends fine though. It's just that first text message after that period of quietness through the night when i'm sleeping. She never gets the text and it gets deducted in my inclusive allowance.

It is rather weird, but it started after the 2.2 update. I've tried a full restore to no avail. I even gave o2 a ring and they said my account was fine and it must be a problem with my phone.

I'm just curious if anyone else has had this problem?
    And no, it's not jailbroken.

I'm thinking of taking it back to a Apple store rather than Carphone Warehouse. I'd rather not have some kid in a suit shrug their shoulders and try to sell me another iPhone.

2. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

I think mine is okay. Are you on contract or PAYG? I am on PAYG.

I'll check tomorrow to see what it's like. I'll send my girlfriend (also on O2) a text, then asks if she gets it. You're sure it's only the first one that wont send? :confused:

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Mine is fine as well. Definitely take it to Apple, sounds like a replacement might be due...

4. markku thread starter macrumors member

I'm on contract. I brought it on launch day so it's had some fair useage. heh.
    Yep, it's always the first text message of the day. I've resorted to e-mailing her screen shots of the text because of no copy and paste.

5. markku thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Shame really. I thought I had one of the 'good' iPhones.

6. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Mine is working fine. Try the SIM in a different phone, if the problem reoccurs, it's the SIM. If it works fine, it's the phone.