Haven't Apple tested Lion with the default settings?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Lucidmind, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Lucidmind macrumors newbie

Surely they must have noticed that the two-finger swipe to go back a page ONLY works in Safari. Of course, it works if you change it to the three finger gesture instead, but come on.

Lion has a very unfinished feeling so far.

2. aeaglex07 macrumors 6502

aeaglex07

Apple added new APIs in Lion and Safari has been updated to work with it. the developers have to update their apps to work with Lion's new features.

3. Lucidmind thread starter macrumors newbie

but surely the developers of Finder and the other parts of Lion should have had access to this API?

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

As opposed to working where?

Keep in mind that they purposely removed most gestures from finder. Watch some of the WWDC videos if your a developer, they fully explain their rationale for the changes in their implementation of the desktop metaphor.

5. Lucidmind thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, I need to watch those videos then. I can see no reason why they would remove the ability to navigate in Finder with gestures.

6. Variant macrumors 6502

Variant

I've been using Lion for a day now, and this is really my only problem with it. I really wish they would have left the option to use gestures in Finder for people who liked it.

The swipe gesture + Safari don't work so well using Facebook, but that's not such a big deal.