Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orangerock

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
the original iPhone.
I have the 6 plus and love it. Love the screen size, the camera and video capabilities, "snappiness", and the design. I know some are skeptical and come here for opinion, so this is mine. I can't imagine going back to a 4.0 or 4.7 inch screen.

Southernboyj

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2012
Mobile, AL
the original iPhone.
I have the 6 plus and love it. Love the screen size, the camera and video capabilities, "snappiness", and the design. I know some are skeptical and come here for opinion, so this is mine. I can't imagine going back to a 4.0 or 4.7 inch screen.

The screen is simply awesome.. And I went to the 6+ from several 1080p Android phones.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
not sure if you've seen the news. your phone is susceptible to easy bending, more than any other previous iphone.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
not sure if you've seen the news. your phone is susceptible to easy bending, more than any other previous iphone.

Someone said it better.
Watch this jackass’s video — inexplicably promoted by Time magazine. Should not we be amazed that his phone didn’t snap in half under this pressure? That the glass didn’t fracture? Under pressure like this, bending but not breaking seems like an extraordinary feature.

Nothing's easy about it. Common sense people. Common sense.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
Someone said it better.

Nothing's easy about it. Common sense people. Common sense.

im not even referring to this video. Yes the amount of pressure he applied to the phone gave expected results. But I mean the slow steady pressure from being in a pants pocket (non skinny).

Its very simple. Up to this point, nobody had to worry if "slight pressure" was being applied in your pocket with their iPhone.

Even though its bigger, this "bending issue" is a step backwards, not forwards.

Anyway you look at it, its a flaw of the device in comparison of the track record of all previous iPhones.

Now you have a device that will bend easier than any other iphone previously released -- this dictates you must negatively change the way you handle your device.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
im not even referring to this video. Yes the amount of pressure he applied to the phone gave expected results. But I mean the slow steady pressure from being in a pants pocket (non skinny).

Its very simple. Up to this point, nobody had to worry if "slight pressure" was being applied in your pocket with their iPhone.

Anyway you look at it, its a flaw of the device in comparison of the track record of all previous iPhones.

Now you have a device that will bend easier than any other iphone previously released -- this dictates you must negatively change the way you handle your device.

I don't believe we have any proof of that apart from some suspecting user report. Let's not be hysterical, shall we? It's internet after all.
And for the last point, I also saw a photo of 5s bend so that's not true either.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
the original iPhone.

+1

I believe the iPhone 6 is the greatest product Apple has ever created. Fourth iteration of their best invention ever, refined where it needs to be, exaggerated where it needs to be, fast as lightning, highly configurable, extremely comfortable, screen is clear as crystal.

All it takes is 5 seconds in your hands and you've got to have one, I have three co-workers feverishly calling AT&T and Verizon to get out of their 5S contracts a year early, the wife and kids won't speak to me, the larger screen and slimmer body has them entranced. For me, I can't put it down, it's simply fantastic.

BJ

tjl3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
The shape was surprisingly refreshing. I always thought iPhone looked super sleek (since the 4) because of its edges, lines and symmetry. I was pleasantly surprised the antenna didn't bother me at all, but I love the curve of the glass and back.

And Touch ID. I came from a 5, and I have no clue why I love playing with Touch ID to just unlock my device haha. But I haven't enjoyed a phone this much since the 3GS.

eggersj

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2008

Man... I bet you are a blast to hang out with... This is only a little better than your RAM thread where you made no sense at all. Now, the OP posts that he loves his phone, and you're all pahhhtty poopah about it. Go get some booty or Xanax, or something sir... It will do wonders for that cloud of negativity hanging over your head

OP! Great thread! Nice to see something positive around this bitch fest of a forum... :apple:

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
The shape was surprisingly refreshing. I always thought iPhone looked super sleek (since the 4) because of its edges, lines and symmetry. I was pleasantly surprised the antenna didn't bother me at all, but I love the curve of the glass and back.

And Touch ID. I came from a 5, and I have no clue why I love playing with Touch ID to just unlock my device haha. But I haven't enjoyed a phone this much since the 3GS.

The completely handsfree across-the-room "Hey Siri" feature is a gamechanger and once you install Swype keyboard, mind will be blown.

BJ

MacBreezy

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2011
Charlotte, NC
+1 Agreed! I chose the iPhone 6 and I can't put this phone down. I upgrade to the newest iPhone the day it comes out every year. I travel a lot for work and just having the phone out and using it has sparked more conversation than any iPhone I've ever owned. I had nearly 50 people ask me about my phone just last weekend! Props to Apple on this one, I think they hit a home run with it.

tjl3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
The completely handsfree across-the-room "Hey Siri" feature is a gamechanger and once you install Swype keyboard, mind will be blown.

BJ

O ya, I use Hey Siri a lot. It's alright, I just have to get in the habit of using Siri much more. I use dictation tons, but not Siri.

I don't really like Swype, I'm in the minority. I always used the Google keyboard and I down loaded Fleksy, but I absolutely hate it. It's probably b/c I am so used to using the Apple keyboard that it feels just natural.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
+1 Agreed! I chose the iPhone 6 and I can't put this phone down. I upgrade to the newest iPhone the day it comes out every year. I travel a lot for work and just having the phone out and using it has sparked more conversation than any iPhone I've ever owned. I had nearly 50 people ask me about my phone just last weekend! Props to Apple on this one, I think they hit a home run with it.

are you serious? this is looking to be the most negatively controversial phone ever released for apple.

MacBreezy

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2011
Charlotte, NC
are you serious? this is looking to be the most negatively controversial phone ever released for apple.

Very serious, my phone looks and performs perfectly. If you have issues return your phone for a new one. I see a very small number of iPhone plus users bending their phones. There is no perfect product release where every unit is flawless. Some are going to have issues but the vast majority of phones are problem free. A few people have bent their phones... And this is the most controversial release ever...? I don't think so.

bmac4

Suspended
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta Ga
This is by far the best designed phone Apple has ever done. I am loving every minute of my 6+. iOS 8 has its issues, but the phone is amazing.

As a poster said before. Every time I pull my phone out. I have someone ask me if its the new iPhone, and ask if they can hold it. One girl said "now I can say I touched the new iPhone". I though that was a little extra, but I just love how good this thing looks and feels. Props to Apple. Hopefully they can fix the issues they are having with iOS 8, and stay of of the press for negativity.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010

A week ago, Apple set a record for the biggest commerce moment in the history of the internet.

Just like Antennagate and Scratchgate, the circus of Apple-haters is part of every launch, I find it very enjoyable.

Whoa! There was a glass of milk on my desk and when I tried to put it in my pocket it spilled and the glass broke! How could Dairy Barn do this?

MILKGATE!

BJ

shaunmed

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
the original iPhone.

I hated the original iphone, no apps.

CarolG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2013
Northern California
This is by far the best designed phone Apple has ever done. I am loving every minute of my 6+. iOS 8 has its issues, but the phone is amazing.

As a poster said before. Every time I pull my phone out. I have someone ask me if its the new iPhone, and ask if they can hold it. One girl said "now I can say I touched the new iPhone". I though that was a little extra, but I just love how good this thing looks and feels. Props to Apple. Hopefully they can fix the issues they are having with iOS 8, and stay of of the press for negativity.

I loved my 5S but my 6 Plus is the Best. Phone. Ever. When I first looked at it I was amazed by the sharpness of the screen. I just love the landscape mode. I never liked the sharp squared off edges of the 5 & 5S. The rounded edges and thinness makes the 6 Plus so pleasant to hold. I have a clear case to show off the beautiful gold and a soft leather sleeve by Krussell for extra protection in my purse. I get the same comments, "Is that the new iPhone?" It will be even better when more apps are made for the iPhone 6 Plus and iOS 8. I don't have to carry an iPad Mini now either. Love my iPhone and I am so lucky to have it already!

The1englishman

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
The last iphone owned was a standard 5.
I hated it. It prompted me to go Android till now.
I only got a HTC ONE M8 6 months ago if that. But my 6 plus.
No comparison.
Without doubt the best phone i have ever owned.
Its a joy to use, the batterie lasts 2 days, something that was always an issue on other iphones.
I dont get all the negative press. Though to be fair. 99% of it seems to be from 6 owners suffering with little man syndrome :):D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.