Having a doubt about the Macbook late 2009 fan

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by saivenkatesh, Oct 2, 2013.

1. saivenkatesh macrumors newbie

Hello,

My Macbook fan started making horrible sounds. i cleaned the dust completly and couldnt stop the grinding sounds from it when i turn it on.

So, i've decided to change the fan, i took out the fan and saw this numbers and noted it down.
    SUNON ZB0506AUV1-6A B4164.13.V1.F.HF

i checked in the ebay and amazon about the macbook fan and found, http://www.amazon.com/ZB0506AUV1-6A...hermal/dp/B004UUSALC/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Model number i found in amazon is: SUNON ZB0506AUV1-6A B3657.13.V1.F.GN

I am in a serious confusion about the both fans. As the model number of both is SUNON ZB0506AUV1-6A and the rest is different.

Please let me know the difference between the both. Whether i can use the amazon fan instead of the exact same fan in my macbook?

Please help me!

Regards,
    Sai Venkatesh

2. wiredup72 macrumors regular

wiredup72

They look like they have the exact same current and voltage rating, so electrically it will be fine. As long as the dimensions fit and the connector matches up I would say you are good to go. I don't see any issues at my first couple of looks.

3. saivenkatesh thread starter macrumors newbie

Ill put it as a plan B

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah they are pretty similar but its actually for the macbook pro 2008 model. The dimentions are the most important, ill have a look at them and try it for myself.

Ill get the exact same fan in the first place, if i doesnt get it, ill put the amazon fan as a plan B to implement!

Regards,
    Sai Venkatesh