Having a few bootcamp issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ikillbears, Jul 18, 2012.

1. ikillbears macrumors newbie

Evening Gents,

I'm having a problem with bootcamp and I'm swear im doing it correctly. I started boot camp and used it to create and a bootable usb disk from an iso and told it to download the required drivers. So that happened no problem. Windows installed and everything. How ever when i go into windows it doesnt have any drivers. nothing really works in terms of the display, wireless and all the rest.

Can any one shed any light ?

2. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

I have personally experienced that on two of my MBP. What you need to do is make sure the file actually completes in Mac. Even if Apple tells you it is ready, double check. Both times when Apple told me it is ready to boot into Windows, it turns out my USB is empty.

If you haven't start working on your bootcamp, I would blow it away and start over. If not, get a friend of yours to download the driver since it is a major pain to find it online.

3. ikillbears thread starter macrumors newbie

I haven't started working in it yet. when looking at the drive i used to install it, it all seems ok. i think when i last did this on my old macbook i had this sort of problem and i have to search the net for about 2 days to find the required stuff :/

4. ikillbears thread starter macrumors newbie

oh dear lord. I've sorted it. I had been an utter utter spaz

5. Doggonit macrumors regular

What was the problem/solution ultimately?

6. houkouonchi macrumors regular

Guessing he didnt go to the usb stick drive after windows was installed and run the setup.exe (or whatever it is) in the macsupport(?) folder that contains the drivers. I know its not done automatically.